Denon AH-D7000
Nov 30, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #4,816 of 7,457

Quote:
I am having great success with my Decware CSP2 with the D7000 and do not find them flabby at all. The bass on the amp is very tight and controlled. Guess every amp is different but my Decware is a good match for them as well as my Taboo but the Taboo punches power into them so I use them more so with my CSP2

Agree Frank. Cheaper tube amps can sound very warm and overly tubey and wouldn't be a good match, but not all tube amps are the same.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #4,817 of 7,457
My Eddie Current Zana Deux Transformer amp is noticeably better with my LA7000 than all of my other amps, SS or tube, but all my tube amps are transformer coupled or hybrids, not OTL.  I also compared it side by side with a WA22 pre-production and the ZDT drove the LA7000 with more authority and definition.  On my ALO Amphora amp the LA7000 do start to get a little flabby in the bass, and we gots no tubes there - switch to an LCD-2 or HD800 and somehow the Amphora sounds good with either of those, go figure.  The LA7000 like more current.

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #4,818 of 7,457

Quote:
My Eddie Current Zana Deux Transformer amp is noticeably better with my LA7000 than all of my other amps, SS or tube, but all my tube amps are transformer coupled or hybrids, not OTL.  I also compared it side by side with a WA22 pre-production and the ZDT drove the LA7000 with more authority and definition.  On my ALO Amphora amp the LA7000 do start to get a little flabby in the bass, and we gots no tubes there - switch to an LCD-2 or HD800 and somehow the Amphora sounds good with either of those, go figure.  The LA7000 like more current

Larry I was surprised that they work so well on the CSP2. The taboo is a transformer amp and they play well but I need to be careful with the volume control on the Taboo. Now the HE500 will not play well on the CSP2 but really shines with my Taboo.Crazy hobby

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #4,819 of 7,457
The LA7000 has a different sound from the D7000s, though.  I wasn't trying to say that all tube amps will make the bass sound flabby, since I really don't have that kind of authority.  It was merely from my short experience with the Meier Opera - which to me has a warmer, tubey signautre - that it seemed a warmer tube amp wouldn't work as well with the D7000.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #4,820 of 7,457
Eddie Current Zana Deux and AH-D7000 is a great combo too. I loved it!

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #4,822 of 7,457

Quote:
Currently looking for an amp for my Denons (I am using an old NAD 3020i stero amp at the moment).

Has anyone tried these cans with a Schiit Asgard? I'd love to know if they're a good match.

I had the Asgard and much preferred the Matrix with the D7000. The Asgard was dull and lifeless IMo and also ran very hot. The Matrix bass and soundstage were much more musical and really showcased my D7000. I am all tubes now.

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #4,823 of 7,457
I use the D7000 with the asgard and I actually like both the m-stage and asgard. I was on the fence a while ago which amp to go with whether it be the m-stage or asgard, I choose the asgard over the m-stage but I did get a decent amount of head time with the m-stage. I have a friend that has a denon D2000 with the m-stage and dacport as his set up, and used the m-stage with my denons and was impressed with the results with both the dacport and music streamer II+ as dacs. I only listen to EDM on my denons though I use my LCD 2 for everything else. I find the D7000 one of the best if not the best EDM can out there. Loads of people told me I would sell my denons once I got the LCD 2 but I still have them and probably use them as much if not more than the LCD 2. Not because they sound better just because sometimes there more practical and comfortable, especially laying in bed ( where I do 95% of my listening)

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #4,825 of 7,457
I'm considering buying a pair of these to supplement my Q701s.  The Q701 works great for everything except electronic music (lack of bass), and that's why I thought these would be great.  I can pick these up for 580$ used. Is it a good deal?

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #4,826 of 7,457
I've owned 701's and D7000's.

The D7000's are dramatically better across the board.  

Have the basic Markel mod done to them (just over a hundred bucks) and they'll be even better.

My main cans are Stax SR-507's, but I still keep my D7000's to listen to now and then for variety.

They're not as good as the Stax, but they are  in the same league.

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #4,828 of 7,457
Killbox - trance / house / techno are what I feel the Denon's were made for!  Armin on these things is just heaven.  :)  $580 ain't bad these days I suppose but I know me and others have paid around that for them new a while back.

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #4,829 of 7,457
I just recently picked up the D7000's. I'm still getting used to them (they're a bit simblant, but it's slowly going away), and there really is only one word to describe them; refined. Everything about them oozes that Mercedes Benz feel. The only thing about them is they feel *super* light. I didn't expect it at all. But wow does it make them comfortable.
To more experienced owners of the D7000's, do the earpads soften up over time? They seem to be stuffed with so much foam that the parts that are against my head round off and increase the pressure a bit (since the surface area is smaller).

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #4,830 of 7,457

Quote:
To more experienced owners of the D7000's, do the earpads soften up over time? They seem to be stuffed with so much foam that the parts that are against my head round off and increase the pressure a bit (since the surface area is smaller).

Yes...then again compared to my HD600 the D7000 always feel soft lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back