Denon AH-D7000
Oct 26, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #4,741 of 7,457
This is precisely the point.  Somehow, LCD 2 lovers seem to only be able to validate their love by bring it up at other headphones' thread.  I don't think it's not a case of trolling, but rather strange.  Especially, considering there is an active LCD 2 thread that they can compare LCD 2 to everything else in the world.

Quote:
I've found it's a common comparison because it's a sensible 'upgrade' path. It was mine, it was dagothur's, and many others. I don't really need to convince anyone to switch as I'd be happy with either one. 

They both have their strengths, but I prefer the LCD 2. That Denon comfort will be missed though and hold a special place in my heart. So...frickin'...comfortable. Not that I find my LCD 2 uncomfortable. :D

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #4,742 of 7,457
Didn't this one start with a question from a non-LCD owner? 

I know at least I didn't come in here and start talking about the LCD 2. I just joined in the current conversation... 
confused_face(1).gif

Quote:
This is precisely the point.  Somehow, LCD 2 lovers seem to only be able to validate their love by bring it up at other headphones' thread.  I don't think it's not a case of trolling, but rather strange.  Especially, considering there is an active LCD 2 thread that they can compare LCD 2 to everything else in the world.

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #4,743 of 7,457
I compared it with the LCD-2 because the D7000s had been my favorite and go-to headphones for 8 months, and I needed to choose between them.  Further, although the LCD-2s are darker than the D7000s, I feel they're a natural upgrade for a D7000 lover.  They're excellent headphones for similar reasons, and if you liked the D7000 or T1, I imagine you'd like the LCD-2.  Generally people like to compare headphones with similar flavors, since you wouldn't really compare the HD800 with the D7000.

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #4,744 of 7,457

Quote:
I compared it with the LCD-2 because the D7000s had been my favorite and go-to headphones for 8 months, and I needed to choose between them.  Further, although the LCD-2s are darker than the D7000s, I feel they're a natural upgrade for a D7000 lover.  They're excellent headphones for similar reasons, and if you liked the D7000 or T1, I imagine you'd like the LCD-2.  Generally people like to compare headphones with similar flavors, since you wouldn't really compare the HD800 with the D7000.

As a former LCD2 owner I agree with your post but in my case I had owned the LCD2 and D7000 sold my D7000 and developed neck and shoulder issues using the LCD2 and also got tired of the issue I had with my first pair of LCD2 such as cups alwayss need to be tightened  and cracked blocks and cracked wood and I needeed a closed can so I am back to using another D7000 and really enjoy the closed can as I also have a T1. I also like the fact that I have no quality issues and my neck and rotor cup feels much better. IMO the LCD2 has went through so many changes and it seemed like it was every week something was being changed. I decided that the Denon was a better fit for me. So in many instances the D700 will work better. If you want a closed cand and comfort the D7000 wins hands down and the signature is similiar and it cost much less as I paid 649.00 for my new D7000. I just preferred the hassle free ownership of my Denons and for me comfort is most important.

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #4,745 of 7,457
Do you miss LCD2 in terms of sound quality?

Quote:
As a former LCD2 owner I agree with your post but in my case I had owned the LCD2 and D7000 sold my D7000 and developed neck and shoulder issues using the LCD2 and also got tired of the issue I had with my first pair of LCD2 such as cups alwayss need to be tightened  and cracked blocks and cracked wood and I needeed a closed can so I am back to using another D7000 and really enjoy the closed can as I also have a T1. I also like the fact that I have no quality issues and my neck and rotor cup feels much better. IMO the LCD2 has went through so many changes and it seemed like it was every week something was being changed. I decided that the Denon was a better fit for me. So in many instances the D700 will work better. If you want a closed cand and comfort the D7000 wins hands down and the signature is similiar and it cost much less as I paid 649.00 for my new D7000. I just preferred the hassle free ownership of my Denons and for me comfort is most important.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #4,746 of 7,457

Quote:

LOL, don't worry I got a pair of T50RP's for $74, modded them with $30 of stuff and they sound as good if not better than the LCD2 and there closed in design, lol.

I had the D7000, modded them with some Bubinga cups and some Dynamat, they then became an unbelievably lush headphone, so nice to use but had to let it go for financial reasons at the time, hence the reason at a later stage I researched cheaper options (T50RP) and boy i'm glad I did.

Oct 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #4,749 of 7,457
You guys are everywhere. This isn't even an LCD 2 thread and you're comparing the T50RP to one. 

Sure the D7000 comments were on topic, but wow.

Quote:
LOL, don't worry I got a pair of T50RP's for $74, modded them with $30 of stuff and they sound as good if not better than the LCD2 and there closed in design, lol.

I had the D7000, modded them with some Bubinga cups and some Dynamat, they then became an unbelievably lush headphone, so nice to use but had to let it go for financial reasons at the time, hence the reason at a later stage I researched cheaper options (T50RP) and boy i'm glad I did.

Oct 29, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #4,750 of 7,457
Poor LCD-2 owners.  They feel so persecuted.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #4,751 of 7,457
I don't mind but I don't understand either. We aren't aloud to compare the LCD 2 to the D7000 in a D7000 thread, but it's okay to compare a modded T50RP to an LCD 2 in...every thread the LCD 2 is mentioned?

I know you're just joking, but it does seem odd. I guess it comes with the LCD 2 being popular. I'm still glad I own one. :D

Quote:
Poor LCD-2 owners.  They feel so persecuted.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #4,753 of 7,457
LCD2 v. D7k comparisons are valid. No problem, keep them coming.
I compared, preferred the D7k for all the reasons mentioned by Frank and more. Better fit / synergy with my system as well.

Hey Morbid... great pun with the word 'aloud'. 
wink_face.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #4,754 of 7,457
Holy crap someone caught it. 

:D

I like my LCD 2 over the D7000 because to me it's much more textured and detailed. Sound stage feels a little bigger (though still not great). The biggest thing for me is that detail retrieval. Sunhammer on the D7000 vs LCD 2 is night and day to my ears.

Quote:
I compared, preferred the D7k for all the reasons mentioned by Frank and more. Better fit / synergy with my system as well.

wink_face.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #4,755 of 7,457

Quote:

wink_face.gif

Hey if comparisons are ALOUD, then I would like to say I like the T50RP's (modded) better than the LA7000's not in detail, bass impact and those sweet ortho mid's, but for the main reason above and beyond all others, is the fact that the T50RP's can go louder than any other headphone I have tried without distortion. The LA7000's could not be played at reference levels without distortion, I always feel myself turning the volume down because of distortion at high volume.

The T50RP's on other hand, I have played them so loud they hurt my ears and no sign of stress to the drivers or distortion of any kind, truly an experience for those that like speaker volume inside a headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back