Denon AH-D7000
Oct 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #4,726 of 7,457
I'm gonna miss my D7000s.  A friend of mine has them up for sale right now.

Oct 15, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #4,727 of 7,457

Quote:
Thanks for the responses guys! And damnit I HATED that damn D2000 cord...this may keep me from buying this, as slly s some might think that is. 
mad.gif

Frank-I've been meaning to PM you. I know you've gotten rid of your planars-so what do you consider your best headphone-the T1 or the D7000? How would you describe their differences, and what respective amps are you using with them. I've been wanting to try both of these-but I'm sure my AGD C-2.1 would fare better with the Denons. How did your m-Stage handle the T1s? Man that's a lot of questions-feel free to PM me if you want-and thanks!

-Daniel

I sent  a PM daniel if you want the T1 and D7000 buy the Decware CSP2 and be very satisfied. Hell tube swaps changes the amp and can be whatever you want it to be abd it is a great preamp so if you go speakers it will power any amp solid state or tube you may want. Very Very happy. No more buying spree and had fun for a year owning them all but in the end I repurchased the T1 and D7000

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #4,728 of 7,457
I'm using both the T1 and the D7000-- and love them both. Both running through Woo amps: the WA3 with the T1's and the WA6 with the Denon's. Tecnically, most would probably say the T1 is better. But the sheer musicality factor-- I slightly prefer the D7000.

I still find the T1's a touch too bright or edgy on top. Nevertheless, the sound is addictive-- I can't get enough of it's super clarity/transparency, detail, speed, soundstage, and textural richness. Thanks to the good advice of folks here, I do find an OTL tube amp to be a great match with the T1. And indeed, you can experiment with tube options to refine the sound. For well-recorded music, it's the best sound I've had yet.

The D7000 however is just as beguiling. I'm still loving its rich, lush yet dynamic and punchy sound. Very satisfying.

Oct 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #4,729 of 7,457
I appreciate the responses guys-and the PMs Frank. I definitely prefer the more neutral sounding cans like the K702-so I think I will go all out on the T1 first. I do enjoy a 'fun' headphone at times, and it seems the D7000 is one of the best in that regard. Damnit I hate this site. Have you guys used them for movies? I'm sure the D7K would probably be better, but does the T1 hold it's own in that regard? I understand if you haven't used them for that-but it is a prime consideration of mine as I love watching movies with headphones too when the GF isn't over. :wink: Thanks again.

-Daniel

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #4,731 of 7,457

Quote:
I am this friend. They are great cans, but the LCD2 seems to edge them out in a few areas. The D7000s are still better in impact and comfort, though!

Indeed.  If the LCD-2s were as comfortable as the D7000s, they'd be perfect.

Oct 23, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #4,733 of 7,457

Quote:
How much better is LCD-2 than AH-D7000?

That depends on your taste.  It's noticeably better, but it also has a different sound signature from the Denons.  You wouldn't be disappointed in either headphone, but overall I picked the LCD-2s over the Denons.

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #4,734 of 7,457

Quote:
That depends on your taste.  It's noticeably better, but it also has a different sound signature from the Denons.  You wouldn't be disappointed in either headphone, but overall I picked the LCD-2s over the Denons.

Can you explain it more ('noticeably better')?  How is the sound signature of LCD-2?  Is it better than that of AH-D7000?  Or is it just different?

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #4,735 of 7,457
This will go on and on and on.  Basically both are good headphones and it comes down to what you're preference is.

I've listened to both headphones and the D7000 pack more of a punch.  Like I said earlier, in real world D7K are cheaper, more enjoyable to jam, better looking, and most importantly more comfortable. 

Both are phenomenal headphones though so I mean no disrespect to the LCD-2.  The D7000 may not be as "technically accurate" but you really won't care (they sound that good).  If I want more accuracy and more comfort than the LCD-2 I'll just slap on my HD 600s.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #4,737 of 7,457
There is something about LCD-2 owners who can seemingly only validate their headphones by comparing it to D7000; there are hundreds of posting in this thread like it that tried to "convince" you to switch.  Funnier thing is that there is a thread about D7000 vs LCD-2 which is pretty evenly divided between the two.

Oct 24, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #4,739 of 7,457

Quote:
Can you explain it more ('noticeably better')?  How is the sound signature of LCD-2?  Is it better than that of AH-D7000?  Or is it just different?

I posted a review of the LCD-2 which compares it to the D7000, as that was my highest-grade headphone until the LCD-2.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #4,740 of 7,457
I've found it's a common comparison because it's a sensible 'upgrade' path. It was mine, it was dagothur's, and many others. I don't really need to convince anyone to switch as I'd be happy with either one. 

They both have their strengths, but I prefer the LCD 2. That Denon comfort will be missed though and hold a special place in my heart. So...frickin'...comfortable. Not that I find my LCD 2 uncomfortable. :D

Quote:
There is something about LCD-2 owners who can seemingly only validate their headphones by comparing it to D7000; there are hundreds of posting in this thread like it that tried to "convince" you to switch.  Funnier thing is that there is a thread about D7000 vs LCD-2 which is pretty evenly divided between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back