Denon AH-D7000
Jun 30, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #4,382 of 7,457

Quote:
[size=10pt]Oh crap. Sorry about that. I could have just said 'similar' or another batch of words, but it just wouldn't have fit as well. Its use is actually the opposite of verbose (sorry dagothur) in that it is one word that pinpoints an idea instead of many that circle around or are superfluous to the central point.[/size]

[size=10pt]But again, it's not about the words, it's about the meaning and the point... which is that the D7k reproduces the recorded acoustical instrument better than just about any cans I've ever heard (HRTF, my rig, etc). 
beyersmile.png
[/size]

It's a word that is overly complex or of a vocabulary that is unnecessary relative to a synonym.  Similarity is more widely recognized than 'verisimilitude'.

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #4,384 of 7,457

Quote:
ahh the package arrived!

you sure?  Seems like you wasted not only enough time to make a post but you wasted more time to find a picture to IMG tag lol.

Have fun bro!  Just remember the sound changes marginally (mostly in bass response) after about 8 to 10 hours of usage IMO.  Don't forget to jam some good LFE content based movies as well as these things are epic for listening to movies on as well.

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #4,385 of 7,457
just got my d7000. They sound great.  They are less bassy then my d5000s if you want to call it that.  They have satisfied me musically in a way i have never felt before though. Way more "clear" than the d5000.

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #4,386 of 7,457

Quote:
my d7000's should FINALLY be coming in today, i'm pumped!

FIST PUMP!!!  I doubt  you won't be impressed.  It's hard to say what i'm thinking but could you try to give an emotional impression on the difference between the d7000 and any current lesser headphone.  Like, is it unexplainably, hair raising good that just puts you into the music or is it just another headphone that is good at this or that.

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #4,389 of 7,457

Quote:
you sure?  Seems like you wasted not only enough time to make a post but you wasted more time to find a picture to IMG tag lol.

Have fun bro!  Just remember the sound changes marginally (mostly in bass response) after about 8 to 10 hours of usage IMO.  Don't forget to jam some good LFE content based movies as well as these things are epic for listening to movies on as well.

lmao was at work and saw that they arrived via postal tracking. and i guess i have a lot of time to waste at work :p. anyways the next thing is obviously getting them a good amp. currently using them out of my brothers audio interface and even with that, i'm impressed at these. i know it's cliche to say that you hear things that you've never heard before in your music, but compared to my triple.fi (i've tried other flagships but the tf10's is something i'm very experienced with) it's true! for example i listened to some flipside and heard some very interesting  bongo licks that i couldn't pick up before. also, i listen to a lot of house/trance/dubstep and when that sub bass kicks in, i get chills. and yea i also plan to play some movie content on these, just got the lord of the rings ee on blu-ray so i can't wait!!

edit: and did i mention how COMFORTABLE they are? my goodness.

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #4,390 of 7,457

Quote:

lmao was at work and saw that they arrived via postal tracking. and i guess i have a lot of time to waste at work :p. anyways the next thing is obviously getting them a good amp. currently using them out of my brothers audio interface and even with that, i'm impressed at these. i know it's cliche to say that you hear things that you've never heard before in your music, but compared to my triple.fi (i've tried other flagships but the tf10's is something i'm very experienced with) it's true! for example i listened to some flipside and heard some very interesting  bongo licks that i couldn't pick up before. also, i listen to a lot of house/trance/dubstep and when that sub bass kicks in, i get chills. and yea i also plan to play some movie content on these, just got the lord of the rings ee on blu-ray so i can't wait!!

edit: and did i mention how COMFORTABLE they are? my goodness.

i really enjoyed this track on them

Jul 1, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #4,392 of 7,457

Quote:
d5k vs d7k for strictly blu-ray watching and single player gaming? is the D7k worth the extra cost just for those purposes?

We always get that question but honestly value is all relative to the person spending.  Would a Denon sound signature that's still fun but more balanced suit your needs? What are you willing to pay for the refinement in both sound and aesthetics?  I don't think that the jump from the D5k to the D7k is that big but it's enough for some people, like myself, to spend the extra on it. I honestly can't tell you if it's worth it for YOU but I know that it was worth it for me. 

Anyways, good luck in your journeys. 

Jul 1, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #4,393 of 7,457

Quote:
d5k vs d7k for strictly blu-ray watching and single player gaming? is the D7k worth the extra cost just for those purposes?

No, trust me on this one. With movies and gaming it's more difficult to point out the flaws than it is with music so a lot of the time you won't even hear the difference. IMO you should only consider upgrading if your main priority is music.

Hey Poetik, where are the LA7k pics you promised?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #4,395 of 7,457
well I just got my Sennheiser HD-600 in the mail.  I bought them as another headphone to match the Denon's for vocals and classical music.  Shipper packaged them beautifully.  I'll A-->B the Denon AH-D7000 tomorrow but right now so far I don't get what people are talking about with this "veil".  They have some nice lush mids.  Will report more later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back