Denon AH-D7000
Jun 13, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #1,021 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by CapQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks mate. I know there is a distributor in aussie. But they only have denon cd players or amps, not headphones. And I guess D7000 world be extremely expensive if our local distributor has stock. >< Maybe I will ask J&R or someone who can help me to buy stuffs in US.

They dont ship Australia >< Sigh.... I don't know any US member here to help me to buy these brilliant cans. My wallet is smiling but I feel depressed.... Anyone can helps me?

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #1,022 of 7,457
The representative I spoke with over the phone told me these would ship out within the next couple of weeks. I spoke them over the phone last week. I really hope they do ship them out within the next couple of weeks.

Jun 13, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #1,023 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The representative I spoke with over the phone told me these would ship out within the next couple of weeks. I spoke them over the phone last week. I really hope they do ship them out within the next couple of weeks.

That's their pat answer; It'll be shipping in 7-10 days. I've been told that every week for a month and a half.
redface.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #1,024 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's their pat answer; It'll be shipping in 7-10 days. I've been told that every week for a month and a half.
redface.gif

lol, wow. I don't know if it's worth it to wait that long.

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #1,025 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My HD800s are on order and I am eager to hear them. I hope I find them as wonderful as many current owners, but the debate on whether they are bass-lite is making me a little nervous. I was happy with what the HD650s had in that department so hopefully they at least equal those. I am quite satisfied with the size of the headstage of the Denons but really love what open phones like the K701s and GS1000s can do and am excited about that aspect of the HD800s for sure. A good colored euphonic tube amp ought to take care of that 'neutrality' problem that many seem to be reporting.
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

I don't think you have to worry about the HD800 being bass lite. Although the HD800 are different than the D7000 in the bass department. Also you should find your HD800 have a more complete soundstage, kinda like the differences between a 4:3 tv screen size to a 16:9. 16:9 being the HD800.

As far as the K701s there really is no comparisons. The HD800 are a very refined sound, with a touch of warmth and a bigger and better soundstage.

As far as the HD650 go, once more there really is no comparisons.

Don't have the GS1000.

ss

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #1,026 of 7,457
Quote:

redface.gif

At $549 the D7000 are a steal!!!

At $750 they are a good buy and very good bang for your buck.
wink_face.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #1,027 of 7,457
delete please

Jun 17, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #1,029 of 7,457
I am also considering canceling my order, possibly getting some Grado HF-2's. Or biting the bullet and ordering some HD-800's, although I hate to order a set of Sennheisers without actually hearing them. In the past I've been twice bitten by new Sennheiser Hyperbole, and Sennheisers house sound doen't suit me.

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #1,030 of 7,457
Quote:

I am also considering canceling my order, possibly getting some Grado HF-2's. Or biting the bullet and ordering some HD-800's, although I hate to order a set of Sennheisers without actually hearing them. In the past I've been twice bitten by new Sennheiser Hyperbole, and Sennheisers house sound doen't suit me.

The Grado house Sig is so far from the Denons that I personal would not go that way. The 800 is said to have a different sound from the standard Senn sig. so you may be surpirsed. Besides it's not like to can't get someone to take them off your hands if you don't like them.

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #1,031 of 7,457
Quote:

Originally Posted by zupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may just cancel my order, J&R is taking forever to get these

Hello!

Guys for how long you were waiting for your order? Are those backorders transferrable - I mean can you transfer it in the name of another Head-fier willing to make a try?

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #1,032 of 7,457
I just spoke with J&R customer service. They said that the 7000's should be in late this week or early next week. We'll see.

If they don't ship my 7000's by next Wednesday I'm going to cancel my order and go a different direction. I'm not sure what direction, but it'll be different.

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #1,033 of 7,457
I'm waiting for about 7 weeks now. It seems that J&R always tells people that they will have the D7000s in about one week. Got another backorder notice last Saturday.
But I think the low price is worth the wait.

Jun 18, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #1,034 of 7,457
I ordered the AH-D7000s from B&H on March 6th. It's been over three MONTHS and I'm STILL waiting. They keep telling me they haven't gotten any in since I ordered them, that they're backordered, etc. The deal I arranged was $595 delivered. Should I pull the plug, and give up on these?

I tried the Grado RS-1s & 325is, plus the Senn HD650s, and returned all of them, I was hoping the AH-D7000s would be the right ones for me, but I may never get to hear them! I'm starting to think I'd appreciate the $600 in my pocket more for now, but since I bought the RSA Predator, I'd like some amazing cans to appreciate it with!

Randy

Sony MDR-V6 (studio), Sensaphonics 2XMax (on-stage), Shure E3c (gym)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back