Denon AH-D7000 the ultimate basshead cans?
Jun 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Rewkie

100+ Head-Fier
Ive read multiple posts saying they are THE basshead headphones,including hifiguy talking about how the bass was not fake. But are the 7100s the same in the bass area? Before you guys roast me,i searched it and didnt find anything. And i'm most likely not looking to buy,just looking to learn everything i can about bass! 
atsmile.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 13
I don't know about it being the most bass head headphones, but holy mother of bass does it have bass. I absolutely love this headphone.

Some people find the bass to be too much and a bit overwhelming. But to me it has amazing bass and everything else as well.

Can you tell that I love this set of headphones?

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 13
I got mine fairly cheap at $500 used. Are you looking for any particular headphones? Look into the Philips Fidelio X1, they are awesome too.

The best way to stay within budget and still get everything is to buy used. I buy almost everything used for audio. Never had a bad experience.

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 13
Yes they do sadly. But only the most popular ones really, I don't think there are fake Denons flying around. There are fake Sennheisers for sure, and there are fake beats as well. Other than that I haven't heard much of fake audio equipments. Although others might be a bit more knowledgeable about it than me. 

I think that the head-fi community as a whole is a lot smaller for fake productions. Specially these headphones are they are for a niche market. 

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 13
Best buying from someone who has good rating on head-fi. Or if you are in Canada, you should try Canuck Audio Mart. I don't know about ebay, most of my equipment is bought from these two places. Go to the "For Sale/Trade" forums here, they are an excellent source. 

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
Yes they do sadly. But only the most popular ones really, I don't think there are fake Denons flying around. There are fake Sennheisers for sure, and there are fake beats as well. Other than that I haven't heard much of fake audio equipments. Although others might be a bit more knowledgeable about it than me. 

I think that the head-fi community as a whole is a lot smaller for fake productions. Specially these headphones are they are for a niche market. 

I would also throw Sony in there. Lots of fake Sony phones out there. 

to the OP I say the ult. bass headphone is the headphone that has the right amount of bass for you. I hate reviews that make claims like this, as opinions differ so much. The right bass for one guy may be a pair of HD650s, while the right bass for another is the xb700s. Its really all down to what exactly you like, and that usually depends partly on your music choice. 

personally I would stay away from the d7100 based on reviews, but I wont say much as I have not personally heard them myself.  

cheers

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #11 of 13
Well, if you are looking for good clear, resolving but "bass boosted" headphones, you could look into the Ultrasone Signature DJs, Fostex TH-600, Yamaha Pro 500s (amazon.com warehouse deals had them at less than $300!!), V-Moda M100s, Denon D600s and if going down in price (and clarity, mids details) then you could look into something like the M-Audio Q40s. All of these have their pros and cons, so it's not only which has the most bass, but, which one is more comfortable to your ears, which one is portable (if you are using them outside), etc. etc.

Denon D7000s are pretty hard to come by and if found, they are expensive, so those above are just a couple of suggestions for you to look into.

Good luck!

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #12 of 13
There are several headphones that have better quality of bass than the D7000: Ultrasone Edition 9, Denon AH-D7100, Audeze LCD-2, Ultrasone Edition 10 (keep in mind accurate not large quantity), probably more. Not to mention these headphones are better than the D7000 in general.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #13 of 13

D7100 has a heavy bass with poor amplification. But with a quality amplifier bass will be mastered, and particularly deep ... just to try to amp Canor TP10, or trafomatic audiovalve for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back