Denon AH D5000: first impression
Jan 10, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #31 of 32
I haven't made any comments about the HD650 as I've barely heard them. I have always said the HD600 is "veiled", though. So we are backwards-- I find the HD600 too soft in the highs, and the D5000 way too upfront in the bass, and with drivers so close to your ears, maybe some call them "intimate" but to me it's like shouting directly into my ear.
redface.gif
You are vice-versa.

How anyone could describe the stock D5000 as "polite" is beyond me, but it goes to show different people hear differently. (And different systems portray cans differently). Carry on!

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't made any comments about the HD650 as I've barely heard them. I have always said the HD600 is "veiled", though. So we are backwards-- I find the HD600 too soft in the highs, and the D5000 way too upfront in the bass, and with drivers so close to your ears, maybe some call them "intimate" but to me it's like shouting directly into my ear.
redface.gif
You are vice-versa.

How anyone could describe the stock D5000 as "polite" is beyond me, but it goes to show different people hear differently. (And different systems portray cans differently). Carry on!

So we both agree to disagree. You carry on too, brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back