Denon AH-D2000's worth it?
Feb 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #46 of 111
I went ahead and ordered a pair from J&R for $210 shipped. I'm going to play with a little modding and see what can do, I'm a coward and don't want to screw up my D7ks. :D

BTW, I talked with Ty @ Ext 1011 and he said he can do that deal for anyone on Head-Fi. Better hurry, though, they're running out of stock.

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #47 of 111
Sold! My first pair of Denons are headed my way now. 
biggrin.gif

What is this I hear about J-Money pads no longer being available for Denon headphones?

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #48 of 111
Feb 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #49 of 111
Whoo, I just bought the last pair of JMoney ear pads from Headroom.com right now. A heads up to anyone interested, there is a v3 pair (used) selling on eBay. The Lawton Audio ones look promising though. I was about to ask have you seen any comparisons, but I see that it is a pre-order. We need someone to do some comparisons! v1, v2, v3, and Lawton.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #50 of 111
After going through all the reviews I've found many people believe that the stock pads that Denon provide are the best choice.

Several posts on Headroom confirmed this but I'm not sure if they were removed since J-Money vanished.

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #54 of 111

Quote:
I don't think it matters as much as people on Head-Fi make it out to be. It's sometimes a lot of money for a negligible change in sound, isolation, and comfort.

Yep....and I don't know maybe it's just me....but to spend $100 on a set of pads....I'd rather either save the money or buy something else.

Maybe it's also the fact that I have alot of leather laying around the house.....several types of foam ....some thread......and some heavy duty leather sewing needles....and the simple fact that I pride myself in learning how to master a new fabrication skill.

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #55 of 111
Yep, I just called them, was quoted $249.99 and got them for $215.00. My convo went almost exactly the same as junkboy's. I live right near the city, so that might effect ease of shipping, don't know if they'd do the same for other areas.

I'm so glad I found this deal. If someone from J&R is reading this, then know that you've definitely earned a repeat customer!

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #56 of 111
Congratulations. Remember folks you are the customer and you have the right to haggle. The worst they can say is no. You never know until you try.

Feb 16, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #57 of 111
Just a matter of hours ago, I got mine on order for the Head-Fi Special price of $210.

The official (USA) page on them is:

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/ProductDetail.aspx?PCatId=Headphones%28DenonNA%29&catalog=DenonNA_US&CatId=OverEar%28DenonNA%29&Pid=AHD2000%28DenonNA%29

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #58 of 111
So, I guess I'm in an interesting position. I have two pairs of D2000s here; one that has a couple hundred hours of run time on them and a brand new pair that I got today from J&R.

Well, using all the same gear they sound different. They're subtle differences, but they're there. With the newer pair, mine, the bass is a little muddy, the highs are a tad too sharp, and there's an overall sense of "artificialness" to their sound. The older pair are more D7000-like; tighter bass, smooth clear highs, and have a more organic quality. Well, personally, this seems to put to bed the questions regarding headphone break-in, at least for dynamics. I'm going to hold on to my friend's set for a couple days for comparison, but I feel rather confident that they'll both sound much more alike after mine have simmered for a day or two. I like this, it's been educational. :)

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #59 of 111
Nice, I'll be interested in the hour counts / sound changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back