Denon AH-D2000's worth it?
Feb 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #16 of 111
i have a small head and the d2000 stays fine.. maybe its my bushy hair :D

the d2000s are the best among the price range to me, most enjoyable at least! they gave me the WOW feeling the first them i listened to them and knew that i had to buy them! Some people say the highs are piercing but they sound fine to me, cymbals clashing with power (Y) haha..i even brought it around with me wearing it on the streets, its not THAT bad, still isolates better than what most people are wearing ( apple earbuds ) i would really recommend this. esp for the genres u listen to :D

not to mention their comfort :)

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #17 of 111
i have a small head and the d2000 stays fine.. maybe its my bushy hair :D

the d2000s are the best among the price range to me, most enjoyable at least! they gave me the WOW feeling the first them i listened to them and knew that i had to buy them! Some people say the highs are piercing but they sound fine to me, cymbals clashing with power (Y) haha..i even brought it around with me wearing it on the streets, its not THAT bad, still isolates better than what most people are wearing ( apple earbuds ) i would really recommend this. esp for the genres u listen to :D

not to mention their comfort :)

I barely got a seal with them on... I also did not like the sound as much. The d5000 was a big improvement.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #22 of 111

Quote:
Wow really?! That's an amazing deal. What did you say to them when you called? I've never ordered from J&R, nonetheless via their phone.

You gotta haggle with them. Explain that you want to give them the sale but can they give you a worth while deal. Then bring up names of others who've gotten such a deal to help persuade them. I love haggling with people. Sure they hate me for it too :).

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #24 of 111
I didn't have to haggle at all. I'm just like, bro, give me your price, and he's like, yo, 210 with free shipping. I'm like aiite, dog. Then I gave him my credit card #.

If it doesn't work for you I can give you the extension of the guy I was in contact with.

Basically, if they quote high, you tell them that you heard of someone who got it for $190 or $200 shipped. They probably won't give you that price, but they may compromise at $210 or something. Then tell them that Amazon had it for $200 last week, or that Electronics Expo is cheap, or something. If you mention competitors I figure they'll get scared.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #26 of 111

Quote:
I didn't have to haggle at all. I'm just like, bro, give me your price, and he's like, yo, 210 with free shipping. I'm like aiite, dog. Then I gave him my credit card #.
If it doesn't work for you I can give you the extension of the guy I was in contact with.
Basically, if they quote high, you tell them that you heard of someone who got it for $190 or $200 shipped. They probably won't give you that price, but they may compromise at $210 or something. Then tell them that Amazon had it for $200 last week, or that Electronics Expo is cheap, or something. If you mention competitors I figure they'll get scared.

Thanks! and thanks lee730 too :)

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can do. If I can't get them to go any less than $240 I'll PM you for his extension. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #27 of 111
Hm...I say don't settle for anything less than $225. Depends how valuable your money is to you...but it's from other's reviews it's not too hard to get a like new or new Denon AH-D2000 for $200.

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #28 of 111
Okay guys I really don't know what to do... I want these headphones but I want good sound without having to buy an amp. I could MAYBE afford it but I don't know. I don't really want to need an amp because that would just make listening to music more confusing than it needs to be, but if the sound would really be THAT much different than say Beats, I guess it would be worth it... Couldn't I just change my EQ settings? What exactly would an amp do to improve the sound? And what amp should I get if I did buy these and get an amp? Would the Fiio E10 or E7 be good options?

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #29 of 111

Quote:
Okay guys I really don't know what to do... I want these headphones but I want good sound without having to buy an amp. I could MAYBE afford it but I don't know. Couldn't I just change my EQ settings? What exactly would an amp do to improve the sound?

As myself and others have said, you really don't need an amp for these. They sound absolutely fantastic without an amp, and well worth their price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back