Denon AH-D2000's under $200? Any chance?
Dec 19, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLightOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are protecting the brick-and-morter stores that sell their products. Denon has to choose between selling on the Internet at heavily-discounted prices or being promoted by dealers that stock and demonstrate their headphones. There's nothing wrong with their choosing the second model, even though most of us here would prefer the first. It's not greed that motivates them. You could say it's just as greedy to try to undercut those who have invested in a store and its corresponding expenses by buying them cheaply over the Internet.

Honestly it costs Denon about $30 to make a D2000 and they sell it back at about $350 US sometimes $450 US.

At the end of the day it all comes down to the manufacturers and they are the greedy ones. Well do not mention the greed of Grado they pay $30 to make a GS1000 and they sell it back at $1000. ROFL HAHHAHAH

We call that democracy and a heart of gold found on all good men. There is something I feel like telling Mr. Grado in this face but I am afraid if I was to say what I wanted to say he might have me arrested.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #32 of 52
Dude, what if your employer wanted to cut your salary in half so the corporation can be "less greedy" and offer their products to the public for a much cheaper price? No one is being ripped off here. If Denon makes a good product and people are willing to pay the offered price for the product, everyone benefits. Denon is not providing healthcare or some other necessary-for-life product. Headphone is a luxury item for most of us, and we can either buy it or leave it.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #33 of 52
You know with all my years of existence I have come to realize the system is designed to keep you down. If you obey the system you will never reach anywhere in life.
Thats why I do not believe in the system. So if it means I must be a cruel person for buying a D2000 for around $200 US online and I make the owner of Denon feel to jump off a building then so be it.

You know what fine let Denon have their stupid D2000 let them keep it right there. I will buy the beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO or the Ultrasone 780.

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by effectic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know what fine let Denon have their stupid D2000 let them keep it right there. I will buy the beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO or the Ultrasone 780.

That's great! If enough people did that, maybe Denon will be forced to lower their price after all!
beerchug.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's great! If enough people did that, maybe Denon will be forced to lower their price after all!
beerchug.gif

Yeah I gonna show Denon who is the bigger man in this situation here. Heck its even proven the Ultrasone 780 HiFi has far more bass than any of the Denon even beating the D5000 I heard.

So I will not let them hold me at ransom and force myself to pay that premium price when there are better options out there.

I can get the 780 hifi for $196 shipped on Amazon and they accept international credit card. So bye bye Denon have a nice life. I will go where I am wanted and thats Ultrasone, a company that actually delivers value for money and at the same time realizing not everyone who wants something of quality is millionaires.

Dec 20, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #38 of 52
Gents a word of advice; please don't open the Pandora's Box of politics and religion here...

Dec 20, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remains /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ValleySeek: Denon AH-D2000 - High Performance Headphones
and
Denon AH-D2000 High Performance Stereo Headphone - Headphones, Audio, Audio & Video, Electronics & Computers - nuLime.com

Both claim they are receiving shipments tomorrow (19th), might want to take a look and they have pretty good seller ratings according to google shopping results, I emailed buy.com to see if they would also be receiving a shipment tomorrow.

Just as I suspected. They did not get any in stock and nearly every single online store do not have any. The plot thickens
popcorn.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by effectic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just as I suspected. They did not get any in stock and nearly every single online store do not have any. The plot thickens
popcorn.gif

I would give them a few days though my friend, nulime says that the shipment will come in on or after the 19th, and on top of that it is the weekend + holiday so shipping could be a little sluggish. I'm with you though, the sooner they get them in the better!

P.S. - buy.com takes forever to reply to emails
frown.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #42 of 52
well I ordered from buy.com/buynow.com (same company apparently) a while ago when they said they had one left in stock and at a great price (somewhere around $200 brand new). Turns out they didn't have them in stock so they said they were sorry and gave me a 10% discount while putting me on backorder and would let me know ASAP when they would get a new shipment.

All they did was send me automated e-mails saying something along the line of "we know you're still alive please be patient" but never with any details. After 2-3 weeks I e-mailed them asking how they couldn't even know an ETA of their next package and they replied with something like "we thought it was supposed to come a week ago but it hasn't please be patient." Obviously the e-mails were a lot more formal and what not, but that's the gist of it.

After 31 days or something amazon.com cancelled the order because they failed to ever ship me the D2000's. I gave them a low rating and they e-mailed me back if 20% off my next purchase would make me remove my negative feedback. I never replied since 20% off a product that'll never get shipped to you doesn't really matter anyways.

What I did instead was lurk the FS/FT forums and found a seller. First time I bought used and got them for $220 used but man! They were honestly like-new! Very pleased I went that route but I guess you said you're situation is a little different where you wouldn't want to buy used.

Dec 21, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #43 of 52
apart from that paypal never sent me my 4 digit code in my bank statement or whatever so I have a max account of $100 US.

Basically paypal stole $2 from me in other words.

So I cannot buy off ebay. Plus where I live if I get scam or whatever or something happens I am screwed.
So I am better off getting one new.

I honestly do not believe buy.com is ever going to get those D2000 in stock.
So my best bet may be the Ultrasone HFI 780.

The problem is I heard they were harsh on ths highs and are very painful on the highs. The D2000 was more laid back which is exactly what I want.

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #44 of 52
I resurrect this thread.
happy_face1.gif

Anyone know a good place to buy D2000 at cheap price ? Most of the boutique are out of stock... i prefer buying new since this headphone is still in production.

Advanced lamp have them quite cheap but with shipping cost its out of my budget.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #45 of 52
Amazon used to sell them for around 220... this was a month ago. I see that the price is retail again, but if you are patient and you wait then you could potentially snag a good deal from Amazon or one of their third party sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back