Denon AH-D2000's under $200? Any chance?
Aug 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #47 of 52
Do you always talk out of your ass like a clueless idiot with the IQ of lunch meat? Stop spreading misinformation on this message board please. Take your generation text "ROFLOLCOPTER11!!11!", mentality and go away.

Sincerely;
The Head-Fi community.

EDIT: Holy thread necromancy! I didn't realize how old the comments from that idiot was. My comments still stand, but I didn't realize just how old this post was. Looks like this fool was banned anyway, so that's good.

At any rate, back to the (current) topic at hand.

You aren't likely to find a better deal on the D2000s then buying a lightly used pair here at Head-Fi. But you have to get past the psychological desire to get them "brand new". Used is the only way to get a real good deal - 95% of all of the "used" headphones I have purchased from Head-Fi members over the years could have easily passed as "brand new", and as a result I have saved several hundreds (probably well over a thousand) of dollars buying lightly used instead of brand new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by effectic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly it costs Denon about $30 to make a D2000 and they sell it back at about $350 US sometimes $450 US.

At the end of the day it all comes down to the manufacturers and they are the greedy ones. Well do not mention the greed of Grado they pay $30 to make a GS1000 and they sell it back at $1000. ROFL HAHHAHAH

We call that democracy and a heart of gold found on all good men. There is something I feel like telling Mr. Grado in this face but I am afraid if I was to say what I wanted to say he might have me arrested.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #48 of 52
I bought mine from amazon warehouse. It was a return for $160.
This was about two months ago. I see that i went back up but check now and again.

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You aren't likely to find a better deal on the D2000s then buying a lightly used pair here at Head-Fi. But you have to get past the psychological desire to get them "brand new". Used is the only way to get a real good deal - 95% of all of the "used" headphones I have purchased from Head-Fi members over the years could have easily passed as "brand new", and as a result I have saved several hundreds (probably well over a thousand) of dollars buying lightly used instead of brand new.

I guess you're right, but sometime the boutiques are cheaper than used items ! I prefer buy used for headphones that are really expensive,modded or no longer produced, d2000 is relatively cheap.

Thank for the answers...

Like we say "Patience is the mother of all virtues"

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you're right, but sometime the boutiques are cheaper than used items !

Oh ok I see. That is certainly not the case in my neck of the woods (USA). Where I live, 99 times out of 100, used items are always cheaper than new items purchased at a brick and mortar store (the only exception being "Black Friday" deals - but I refuse to participate in that insanity). As a matter of fact, 100 times out of 100, a brand new purchase made on the internet is considerably cheaper than buying brand new in a brick and mortar store. I am perplexed as to how brick and mortar stores stay in business these days given the ease of making purchases over the internet at deeply discounted prices. I don't think I have made a brick and mortar store purchase in the last 3 years!

I digress.

Good luck on your quest. The D2000s are great phones!

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #52 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or you can buy srh840's instead, lol.

This is what I did!

Absolutely loving my SRH840s, but I've never heard the Denon's to compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back