Denon AH-D2000 - New @ $243 USD
Nov 9, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #16 of 120
I ordered some about 2 months ago from Amazon for around $250ish and they ended up being fakes. I received an email before they were shipped as the supplier realised, so i was lucky and got a quick refund.

Watch who you buy from on Amazon (esp when the item is really cheap).

Nov 9, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #17 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@233.00 at this moment

If they go any lower I will have to get them. If they do go lower, I hope they will be worth the kick in the balls that my girlfriend will be administering post checkout...

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #18 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kommando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered some about 2 months ago from Amazon for around $250ish and they ended up being fakes. I received an email before they were shipped as the supplier realised, so i was lucky and got a quick refund.

Watch who you buy from on Amazon (esp when the item is really cheap).

There are fake Denon AH-D2000 headphones around?

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #19 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are fake Denon AH-D2000 headphones around?

I haven't heard of anything at all on the subject. Maybe he got it confused with ESW9s?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say go for it.

Considering that I've seen it for under 220 several times last month, I'd say no. 249 is not a good deal on Amazon, and speak of the devil, it's going for 235 from AMAZON right now (not a reseller, but Amazon themselves).

Fun Fact: Buying from the Amazon Marketplace NEW from another reseller still gives you the original manufacturer's warranty, even if that reseller is not an authorized dealer, Amazon still is, and thus is fully backed up if you buy from them through Amazon (i.e. Etronics).

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #21 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ERNEST T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked up a pair at Buy.com 215 shipped.

damn

I picked it up for 221 shipped from Amazon on Saturday

if only I waited!

tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #22 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard of anything at all on the subject. Maybe he got it confused with ESW9s?

Nope no confusion mate. I received an email from the supplier that said the AH-D2000's that they had received were modified and they were going to refund my purchase.

not sure if im allowed to post the email i received but here it is anyway. sorry if its against the rules.
confused_face(1).gif

Hi

First allow me to thank you for the order you placed with Amazon.com.
I apologize for the inconvenience, however your order has not shipped because we have discovered that refurbished models were shipped to us by mistake. Since our warehouse manager found the items to be in less than the perfect, new condition they should have been, we refuse to sell them. We have returned the units as we cannot in good conscience sell anything that does not meet described expectations.

I assure you that we did everything possible to try and obtain more within a reasonable time frame, but we are unable to acquire more units at this time

As compensation for this unfortunate error, we would like issue a $5 Amazon gift card for you to enjoy, and use at any Amazon store. We are serious about our customer service, and we appreciate your understanding in this matter. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Please watch for an email from Amazon containing a gift code to enter at checkout.
Please note that your card has not been billed, and we have no choice but to cancel the order at this time.

We deeply apologize for the error, and assure you we have taken steps to ensure this does not happen again. We appreciate your understanding.

Nov 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #23 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kommando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope no confusion mate. I received an email from the supplier that said the AH-D2000's that they had received were modified and they were going to refund my purchase.

not sure if im allowed to post the email i received but here it is anyway. sorry if its against the rules.
confused_face(1).gif

Hi

First allow me to thank you for the order you placed with Amazon.com.
I apologize for the inconvenience, however your order has not shipped because we have discovered that [size=x-large]refurbished[/size] models were shipped to us by mistake. Since our warehouse manager found the items to be in less than the perfect, new condition they should have been, we refuse to sell them. We have returned the units as we cannot in good conscience sell anything that does not meet described expectations.

I assure you that we did everything possible to try and obtain more within a reasonable time frame, but we are unable to acquire more units at this time

As compensation for this unfortunate error, we would like issue a $5 Amazon gift card for you to enjoy, and use at any Amazon store. We are serious about our customer service, and we appreciate your understanding in this matter. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Please watch for an email from Amazon containing a gift code to enter at checkout.
Please note that your card has not been billed, and we have no choice but to cancel the order at this time.

We deeply apologize for the error, and assure you we have taken steps to ensure this does not happen again. We appreciate your understanding.

refurbished does NOT mean fake

it means it's a returned item being resold from the manufacturer or reseller

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #25 of 120
$213 NIB shipped from PACE1025, an authorized retailer on Amazon who ships from NY. Even a frugal one like myself would consider this a good price. When it gets to this point you're really rolling the dice. Within the next 7 days, will it dip just slightly further or shoot back up? If you're on the fence maybe its time to make a move.

As for the fake thing, I've never heard of fake D2000s and I don't think they're quite so popular yet (MDR-V700DJ was in production for years and at market dominance before it started getting Chinese imitations). Refurbs are indeed what you got.

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #26 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfaced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$213 NIB shipped from PACE1025, an authorized retailer on Amazon who ships from NY. Even a frugal one like myself would consider this a good price. When it gets to this point you're really rolling the dice. Within the next 7 days, will it dip just slightly further or shoot back up? If you're on the fence maybe its time to make a move.

As for the fake thing, I've never heard of fake D2000s and I don't think they're quite so popular yet (MDR-V700DJ was in production for years and at market dominance before it started getting Chinese imitations). Refurbs are indeed what you got.

buying from an authorized amazon reseller will still give you the manufacturers warranty as well, but personally I would've felt more safe buying from Amazon directly.

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #27 of 120
I saw sold by amazon had the D2000's at $219 today.

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #30 of 120
prices for denon headphones are so volatile.. thats why I always hesitates to purchase them..Grado, AKG, Senn are much more stable.. (but I did buy d7k though lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back