Denon AH-D2000 in the house
Dec 22, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #901 of 933
I just got my D2000's about 10 mins ago
smily_headphones1.gif

I definately have 'New-Gear-Must-Sound-Fantastic Syndrome'... but straight out of the box they sound great to my ears.

Let the burn in commence...
smily_headphones1.gif

Paul

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #902 of 933
So I read the first 37 pages of this thread....and I'm spending way too much time on it tonight
smily_headphones1.gif
. Early purchasers where recommending Audiocube and PriceJapan and saying they were getting the D2000s shipped to the US for anywhere between $270-300. Is that not the case anymore? Both sites are over $320 which is approaching the retail $349 price. Buy.com has them on their site for dirt cheap (~$200) but they've been out of stock forever. Anyone have a better source?

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #903 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by nowickia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I read the first 37 pages of this thread....and I'm spending way too much time on it tonight
smily_headphones1.gif
. Early purchasers where recommending Audiocube and PriceJapan and saying they were getting the D2000s shipped to the US for anywhere between $270-300. Is that not the case anymore? Both sites are over $320 which is approaching the retail $349 price. Buy.com has them on their site for dirt cheap (~$200) but they've been out of stock forever. Anyone have a better source?

Some eBay vendors have D2000 for about $280 including shipping. I think Headroom has them for $299 - I recently purchased one from them for $249 on sale (using promotional code D2000, I think) - you may want to call them to see if they would still honor that price.

Dec 23, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #904 of 933
okay so, i excitedly just received my D2000 from fedex. and i am being completely honest, i am running them straight out of my macbook some flac files, some 320kbps. as of now and for a while i wont be able to purchase an amp, i was planning on saving for the ibasso D3. but to be honest, i am so so so disappointed in the sound of these. granted i know i should have an amp, but i thought it would be decent out of a macbook, particularly the bass. i am so underwhelmed here. so let down. maybe my expectations of my set up, or lack there of, were far too high. i guess what id like to know is, how greatly does the bass increase after burn in and an amp? if its slightly i think i need to return these and im a bit in shock. there is no bass impact what so ever. i hear it, its there, but it doesnt hit. more like resonates. so unhappy with my 300 dollar purchase =(

Dec 23, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #905 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figlio Perduto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay so, i excitedly just received my D2000 from fedex. and i am being completely honest, i am running them straight out of my macbook some flac files, some 320kbps. as of now and for a while i wont be able to purchase an amp, i was planning on saving for the ibasso D3. but to be honest, i am so so so disappointed in the sound of these. granted i know i should have an amp, but i thought it would be decent out of a macbook, particularly the bass. i am so underwhelmed here. so let down. maybe my expectations of my set up, or lack there of, were far too high. i guess what id like to know is, how greatly does the bass increase after burn in and an amp? if its slightly i think i need to return these and im a bit in shock. there is no bass impact what so ever. i hear it, its there, but it doesnt hit. more like resonates. so unhappy with my 300 dollar purchase =(

Headphones will never give you speaker-like bass.

If you have access to a home theater/stereo receiver, plug it in and play some music with it - chances are that is a much better headphone jack than your macbook.

If you still don't care for it, you may be more of a basshead than you thought.

Oh, and don't expect it to sound right until it at least adjusts to room temperature, which will probably take a few hours.

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #906 of 933
that's what i was afraid of. being even more a basshead than i thought. i didn't know about the temperature thing. they by no means sound horrible, i just, ugh, was expecting a bit more bass. and i know it won't be like a speaker or a sub, i was just hoping for a bit more slam i guess. impact. i shall try plugging into the home theater receiver.

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #908 of 933
GAH, they sound freaking incredible out of the receiver. the bass came forward and rocked. the highs kind of smoothed out. It was perfect to me. I'm so new to this. I didnt know thats what id get out of some amplification. Wow. Maybe i should keep them and save up for an amp. Anyway, yes. Do you think that perfection (to me) could also be had if i get an amp? Ibasso D3 maybe? thats what i had in mind anyway.

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #909 of 933
oh sorry, when i posted i saw your reply HeadphoneAddict. Thanks that's good to hear. As of now they just dont sit well with me as is. I wish the living room theater system was mine hah. Guess the answer is an amp.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #910 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figlio Perduto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess the answer is an amp.

Get an amp, for sure. If the bass of D2000 is not sufficient for you, than I do not know which other phone out there will please you with its bass presentation.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #911 of 933
Dec 24, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #912 of 933
I know this has probably been addressed numerous times, but how does one prevent the earcup pivot screw from breaking? It looks and feels pretty flimsy.

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #914 of 933
Quote:

I know this has probably been addressed numerous times, but how does one prevent the earcup pivot screw from breaking? It looks and feels pretty flimsy.

I hope this isn't a fragile headphone, because it was the main headphone I was considering getting.

Is this earcup pivot screw thing really that fragile ah-d2000 owners ?

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #915 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Average Joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this earcup pivot screw thing really that fragile ah-d2000 owners ?

I don't know what are they talking about. I bought this phone approximately 2 months ago, I modded it and use it 1-2 hours every day. I don't have any problems with any pivot screws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back