Denon AH-D2000 in the house
Sep 27, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #872 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear HeadphoneAddict!

Thank you for your answer. You provide very valuable information to me!

What can you say about Denon D2000 + Stello HP100? Is it going to be a problem that Denon is 25 ohm only, but Stello is 50 ohm?

Sincerely,
Evgeny

I haven't tried a Stello HP100, sorry. I can say that I have not found an amp yet that can't drive the D2000 decently. Although some amps are better than others, I can't name one amp that would suck with the D2000 (except headphone out of the ipod video).

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #874 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceways /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been reading a lot of praise for the Denon AHD2000 with how it handles Electronica...but how does it handle Dub (very bass heavy music)?

What size subs do you have in the back of your car? Two 12" you say? These will tickle your eardrums the same way, until you have gone deaf...

Dec 9, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #875 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What size subs do you have in the back of your car? Two 12" you say? These will tickle your eardrums the same way, until you have gone deaf...

I want tickled eardrums!! so so close to D2000 ownage. i can't wait.

Dec 9, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #876 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last night, I listened to Nine Inch Nails' "Year Zero" on the Denons... maybe a little too loud.
biggrin.gif

Larry's description is bang on. My eardrums were tingling, but it was clean, deep, and powerful.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #877 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last night, I listened to Nine Inch Nails' "Year Zero" on the Denons... maybe a little too loud.
biggrin.gif

Larry's description is bang on. My eardrums were tingling, but it was clean, deep, and powerful.

Agreed, the bass is awesome on these things.

Dec 10, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #878 of 933
I just received the D2000's last week and they are exactly what I was looking for. Nice full sound with lots of big AND tight bass in my setup. I let my wife listen to Christina Aguilera's 'Can't Hold Me Down' and that bass beat is nice and tight. Firm ripples from the bass, no bloat to my ears. They make my Grado 325i's sound 'steely', 'brassy' and 'anemic' according to my non-audiophile wife. This is the sound I've been 'looking' for!!

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #879 of 933
hey guys
i have ath-es7 right now and is looking for an upgrade to the d2000. I know the price difference is quite big between the two cans, but is the sound difference that big too? Is it a worthy upgrade? (i'm planning on using d2000 unamped, not now, but maybe in the future) Thanks!

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #881 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D2000 can work somewhat OK-ish without amp but the improvement is pretty dramatic once it's driven properly.

Would a Meier Cantate be considered being being 'driven properly' with these phones? I am considering the D2000 for my next purchase.

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #882 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spadge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would a Meier Cantate be considered being being 'driven properly' with these phones? I am considering the D2000 for my next purchase.

Should be a good choice, as they like SS amps with good current output.

Dec 15, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #885 of 933
Has anyone got any musings on the D2000's with a Shanling PH100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back