Denon AH-D2000 in the house
Jun 11, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #406 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielxm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My veredict, K701 is a must have headphone, if i had to choose between both i would go for the K701. But as I have use for both and loved the bass of the D2000 and its usefullness i will keep them happly with me as two different lovers. When i get "tired" of the blond I just switch for the brunet. hhmmm how i envy the sultans and their harens.... hehe

Not to mention a sultry redhead once in a while for even more "spice".
wink.gif

Wow -- K701 has bass? A good complement to the D2000? Hmmmm....
(Looks for wallet -- finds it hiding under bed, whimpering -- again)

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #407 of 933
I just placed an order for these but I'm not sure what to expect when it's coupled with my amp!

I have a MisterX built PPAv2 with bass boost and I'm not sure if they will work good together? Any thoughts?!

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #408 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by alea35 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just placed an order for these but I'm not sure what to expect when it's coupled with my amp!

I have a MisterX built PPAv2 with bass boost and I'm not sure if they will work good together? Any thoughts?!

I haven't tried that amp -- but I bet you probably won't need bass-boost, unless it is sorely deficient in that area.
But, anything is possible.
Even with boost, I bet the D2000 will still sound good.
Post here what happens.

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #409 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by alea35 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A PPA is most definitely a sufficient amp, but a bass boost - I dunno.
The bass is already a bit boosted and boosting it even more would be too much for my tastes but as always YMMV.

Jun 11, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #410 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielxm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally received all my orders:
K701, Denon D2000, RSA Hornet, Turbodock and mini cable and a K81dj. What can I say....Thank you head-fi for all the inputs and reviews. All itens are superb!! And I really mean that.

I listen to rock, jazz, hip-hop, blues, musicals, acoustic compilations, and they all sound excelent. Comparing D2000 with K701 I think they are both amazing headphones, of course they have their diferences basically on the more bass less bass comparison, and openess and closeness that make them apart and unique.

K701 has bass, a more ambient and "acoustic sound" (it always seem to me the band is playing live) and excelent vocals. The bass of the D2000 as mentioned is excelent and gives that punch the K701 "lacks", but on the K701 i feel you can listen to more details in the diferent instruments. On some of my albusn and musics I prefer the D200 in others the K701. I was not used to the open headphones and found they amazing. As I really love acoustic sounds, and my overall vote therefore is for the K701 as a all around winner and better suited for most of the songs i listen. But not to the level to geopardize the D2000 which has the advantages of punch and of being a closed headphone, ideal for not disturbing the familly and close encounters in games, explosions and so for.

My veredict, K701 is a must have headphone, if i had to choose between both i would go for the K701. But as I have use for both and loved the bass of the D2000 and its usefullness i will keep them happly with me as two different lovers. When i get "tired" of the blond I just switch for the brunet. hhmmm how i envy the sultans and their harens.... hehe

Ah, I tested them listening to Red hot chilli pepers, Moby, Jack Johnson, Radiohead, Black eye peas, Robert cray, Miles Davis, Les Miserables Musical and acoustic DVD shows of Coldplay and the Cramberries. The phones have around 20 hours of burning only. Let you know more information when they get to 150.

Are you using the RSA Hornet to drive the K701s? Is it sufficient in this sense? I'm going crazy trying to decide between the K701 and D5000 right now!! Your thoughts are most welcome.

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #412 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yehaaaa! Just placed an order for d2000! [size=large]Can't wait![/size]

where?

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #413 of 933
I just ordered the K701 -- one of the few cans I have never tried yet.
I just found out that my wallet can scream....

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #414 of 933
I have the D2000 on order, it seems they will not be delivered until end of June though. The only comfort is that I don't pay until I get them so my wallet is still happy
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #415 of 933
Glad I bought my D2000 before everybody, everywhere, is sold out.
Those still deciding, can now go have a panic attack!

Jun 11, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #417 of 933
I haven't heard the Melos, but my Beta22 surely makes the D2000 sing. I did have a tube amp before (wish I still had it!), and it was very, very nice, too. I'd say either amp is going to cut...which is better may be a personal opinion kind of thing.

Jun 11, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #418 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard the Melos, but my Beta22 surely makes the D2000 sing. I did have a tube amp before (wish I still had it!), and it was very, very nice, too. I'd say either amp is going to cut...which is better may be a personal opinion kind of thing.

I am leaning towards the Beta22, I just need to convince Mister X to sell me the one he just built
very_evil_smiley.gif
. The Melos is sort of a backup plan.

Jun 11, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #419 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad I bought my D2000 before everybody, everywhere, is sold out.

Pricejapan have them. Ordered D2000 on Thursday last week, and I've received them this morning (Tuesday) and I've got a feeling that if it wasn't for public holiday (Queen's Birthday) I'd have them on Monday. They are damn quick these guys at Pricejapan.

I'm sitting at work right now, LOOKING at the cans still in the box, but I haven't heard them yet! Seven more hours to go...
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back