Denon AH-C710 or Atrio M5 MG7 Pro
Dec 18, 2011 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Plusbits

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm currently looking to buy some new IEM's and I'm a bit torn between the Denon AH-C710's and the Atrio M5's. Obviously I'm after something that's bass-heavy, being a serious bass-head, with a bit of a V-Curve to it, but I've read so many positive reviews of each that I don't know which to choose!

I have previously owned Denon AH-C551's and found them to be brilliant little earphones, so I'm looking to upgrade from there. I've also heard that UE-700's are good, but with slightly less focus on the low-end. My only other option is the B&W C5's, but I've heard that they can get very muddy. I have also read a lot of positive things about the Vsonic R07's, just that they're a very balanced earphone and can be given more bass with the use of an amp (a FiiO E6 in my case).

In short, I'm after some good bass-heavy IEMs within a reasonable price bracket, around £120 (just under $200). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance!

Matty

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 6
Well, I have the atrios, so I'm biased that way. It seems like the Denon's are the better choice if you like a more piercing or sharp treble, while the Atrios are well-extended, yet will be non-fatiguing in the treble.

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 6
I used to own the Denon c551 and the Atrio m5 2nd version a long time ago. The Denon have more bass than the Atrio, but Atrio had much much better quality, the Denon mid bass was pretty bumped up while the Atrio's bass is not as exaggerated. I would recommend the Atrio as a clear upgrade, especially if you can get the newest 3rd version with the mg7 drivers. There was a deal here a week ago where the Atrio could have been had for 100 $, so hopefully someone bought extra and could help you out.

I don't think the ue700 or vsonic gr07 would satisfy your bass needs, also their treble is more sharp and bright, something to consider.

If you a really on a budget, the Xears TDIII Blackwood had a really fun sound ( reminded me of the Denon's, except more sub bass instead of mid bass ), check the Xears thread, theres a coupon code that can be used to bring them pretty cheap.

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 6
You can get the Atrio right now for 50% off with the coupon code CostProg50% from www.atrio.me.

Almost got one myself but I need to chill on the purchases.

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 6
Hey thanks for the heads up, o gosh, now i'm really tempted again to whether or not own an Atrio, albeit this time upgraded sound from the 2nd version......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back