Denon AH-C710, AH-C360 and AH-NC600 ANC
Jul 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #46 of 106
Maybe I'll move it once they burn in and I take some pics and clean it up a bit. I like the way the mids are starting to become more transparent. That, and a bit more air around the instruments, are the only things stopping this phone from being high end. If the increased transparency continues and spreads out toward each end of the spectrum and they open up a bit more that is. I have only heard one phone that beats my S-adapted CK10 for that so if starts to come anywhere close to that we really really have something.

To give an idea if I were to describe them I would say they are a blend of an SE530 and a Super.fi 5 Pro. The mids are good as the Shure but not as forward. If you've heard both, average out the more forward SE530 mids and the slightly recessed 5 Pro mids and you get the slightly forward Denon mids. The bass is more amount and quality like the SE530 but the treble is more apparent like the 5 Pro. The 5 Pro has a spike/peak that gives a sparkle in the treble though, the Denon is just more forward treble that makes itself more apparent. The clarity and transparency is more 5 Pro level and lacks the SE530 level of transparency. The Denon is like the 5 Pro in being a tick quicker bass-wise.

Another aspect that lends itself to pleasing the majority is how well it synergizes with everything. A half dozen portables tried out and not a single one that it doesn't sound quite good with. Not the case with other earphones.

I have a Sony minidisc which has less treble than the newer players and can hear a bit of what HONEYBOY says about them being more aggressive sounding with it. Sounds real good though. Adding a notch of treble to simulate a newer Sony there is a bit of sizzle. Does sound like something that will settle with time. It is something that the Comply's remove right away as bring a bit of a veil.

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #48 of 106
Does anyone have updated throughts/impressions of the 710s?

jant71: How is the soundstage, overall? Did you find an increase in the sense of air around the instruments and transparency in the mids (since your last post)? Any worries about the treble (sibilance, etc)?

These sound like a nice buy, overall (so far)...

Thanks, in advance.

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #51 of 106
jant71, so how does the soundstage compare to C751? because i find c751 soundstage to be very narrow..
and seems like the mids are more prominent too, is the vocal more forward compared ot c751? thanks!

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #52 of 106
Just got the C710 and listened to them for a brief time. These are quick and dirty thoughts, everything could change! Tried the large silicon tips included, but quickly changed to some biflange I had, which give me a better seal.

Nice sounding out of the box with good detail.

Vs. ADDIEM:
Bass - deeper and bigger impact with the C710
Mids - ADDIEM is more forward, mids may be smoother with the ADDIEM
Treble - C710 has more energy, but they are smoother
Stage - C710 has a wider stage by a good amount
Detail - C710 has better reverb of instruments, sounds clearer
Big sensitivity difference. The ADDIEM is much more in my head than the C710.

Vs. IE8
Bass - C710 has more deep bass energy, but the IE8 is much warmer. Bass reverb on the IE8 sound more realistic.
Mids - IE8 mids are a little more forward and I can pinpoint singers better
Treble - The presentations are different, the IE8 treble is much smoother
Stage - IE8 is wider, but not by a significant amount
Detail - IE8 is a little more detailed with acoustic material

I still have a lot of listening to do including working on the tips/fit and burning in, so the above could all change! But so far I am not regretting the purchase!

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #53 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by SLCanhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have updated throughts/impressions of the 710s?

jant71: How is the soundstage, overall? Did you find an increase in the sense of air around the instruments and transparency in the mids (since your last post)? Any worries about the treble (sibilance, etc)?

These sound like a nice buy, overall (so far)...

Thanks, in advance.

I am only at 100 hours now. They do go through some changes. Probably not done either. They seem a bit larger and more extended in the bass. Bass is clearing and layering out nicely. They separate well but the amount of "air" is in middle which fits since it is more of an in your face kind of earphone. Mids are top notch. Detail jumps a nice notch with burn-in. HONEYBOY might be right on the detail versus the other dynamics and average_joe should be able to confirm the performance versus some of those. The treble was a bit bright then got shrill and even less smooth but seems to be toning down now. Sibilance has not been an issue even if a bit of brightness fatigue was at one point(appeared on other players besides my Sony). Remember I am running silicones and not the comply. I will keep an eye on the treble and how smooth it will get.

Dynamic earphone presentation can vary quite a bit. Preference among the FX500/IE8/Turbines etc. can be subjective. I like what the Denon do with the image/tone/timbre. Interesting to see what others think of the sound. I believe all will agree on the value as these are around $80 and the price may drop more.

@Kwang411. I think they have gotten bigger. They have a large soundstage. Short of the best but competitive. Never had the C751 so I can't compare. I guess you can get an idea with some of the other comparisons.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #55 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see that Denon has continued its tradition of screwing UK customers.
AMP3 has them for £139.99 (US$230), which is just absurd.

Hahahaha, truly laughable price!!

jant71 and HONEYBOY-
Thanks for the terrific impressions. I am now £73.99 poorer thanks to this place...

http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/search-denon+ah+c710

... but since that's about 40% cheaper than AMP3, I shouldn't really whine. And I did love my C700's for a long time, and it sounds like these might be even better, especially the mids. I seem to be having an impulse-purchase month
confused_face_2.gif

EDIT: The item description says it has a tangle-free cable, which is one of the things I loved about the C700s. But I gather from impressions that this is a big fat lie and it tangles without even touching it???

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #57 of 106
Oh dear, it's like a high school reunion around here!!!

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #58 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahahaha, truly laughable price!!

jant71 and HONEYBOY-
Thanks for the terrific impressions. I am now £73.99 poorer thanks to this place...

Buy Headphones from Digital Direct

... but since that's about 40% cheaper than AMP3, I shouldn't really whine. And I did love my C700's for a long time, and it sounds like these might be even better, especially the mids. I seem to be having an impulse-purchase month
confused_face_2.gif

EDIT: The item description says it has a tangle-free cable, which is one of the things I loved about the C700s. But I gather from impressions that this is a big fat lie and it tangles without even touching it???

well dash and bother, id ask the wallet but the re-0 and the presentation last night of elec bill (like how the hell is electricity soooooo expensive, grrr) wallet says no, wallet says its going to come at me with a knife if i even think about it again

sooqieq you have to let us know how they compare the the C700/751, well you have to at least let me know, dont really care if you tell anyone else
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #60 of 106
I hear some basic similarity to the PFE also. More toward the black filter plus an amp since it is still warmer than the PFE. Maybe take the frequency range and shift it to the left as the Denon goes lower but not quite as high as the PFE. Bigger soundstage but less amount of separation. The treble is quite forward like the PFE but the mids a bit less forward. The bass and mids are better.

I think the Denon's edge out over the RE0 also. Similar detail, better and lower bass, better mids, larger soundstage. Less amount of separation and transparency than the RE0. Same price different signatures. Choose your poison
biggrin.gif
. The Denon is easier to fit and has better iso and microphonics handling than the RE0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back