Denon AH-C710, AH-C360 and AH-NC600 ANC
May 11, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #16 of 106
It seems to be a trend to offeset the nozzle by a certain amount of degrees. Probably for better fit, as well as putting in a larger driver. I also read somewhere that it has something to do with soundstaging as well. Most modern dynamic IEMs seems to feature this design. EX90, IE8, even Panasonic's D-snap bundle. Someone should try digging up the patent relating to this design.

May 12, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #17 of 106
So is the C360 the same as the C452? They look awfully similar.
confused.gif

C360:
10ml7wx.jpg

C452:
33uzcw5.jpg

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #18 of 106
Guys I got to try a pair of these today (Denon C710) with the sony X1060 and I think these are really good. They're the most efficient set of phones I've listened to. I almost went deaf when I tried to listen at the same volume I was using for the IE8. With such high efficiency I was able to hear more hiss out of the sony x1060 than any other phone I tried.

The shape is actually pretty weird but the fit is actually pretty good. Very similar to the JVC FX500 and the stock buds that comes with the sony walkmans, but I think it fits better.

Now for the sound, bare in mind that I'm still a general novice and I'd really like to hear what more experienced users have to say about these phones. Anyways out of the box with no prior amount of burn in. I think the bass is rather strong and goes deeper than my IE8 as well with a sense of reverberation and definition just like the FX500s.

I liked the Denon C700 midrange but they could be a bit recessed compared to other forward IEMs, the C710 has a more forward midrange than the C700 and the FX500. Vocals on the FX500 may be smoother but the C710 sounds a bit fuller and more detailed. I didn't have my C700s to compare but I think it's the same denon midrange signature. Very natural sounding. I really liked em!!!

The C710 out of the box possessed some serious amount of treble energy and I mean serious energy. If you're very sensitive to treble then unless these get tamed significantly with burn in these may not be for you. I presume system matching would be pretty important with these as well. I found them to be a superb match with the x1060. With the IE8s treble on the x1060 is rather polite. You get all the treble resolution imaginable but without the nastiness and harshness.The c710s aggressive character matched well with politeness of the x1060. I wouldn't recommend these with a bright source at all.

What was amazing is the level of Detail/Instrument separation coming from a dynamic driver. I'm tempted to say that these will rival or perhaps better the FX500, IE8 and W3 with regards to details. No kidding. Soundstage/ Headstage I can't really remember haha but I think It was pretty decent.

Well I guess that's all I can remember for now. haha These won't be for everyone but I'm rather confident that these might be a little David amongst the Giant Goliaths we have around here!! Again let me reiterate than am still an amateur, they weren't burnt in, and these are just limited impressions.

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #19 of 106
Nice job! The listed frequency response is quite wider than the C751 and your impressions seem to back that up.

Here is the page...Denon USA | AH-C710. Only $149 MSRP. Sounds like at the street/e-tailer prices they will be a nice deal. Still listed as below the C751 on the Denon site and $50 MSRP cheaper. Would actually be nice to have a newer, better product be cheaper. Maybe they are factoring the economy in with the pricing.

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #21 of 106
i'm actually more interested in the noise cancelling headphones... i've always wanted a set of those for my flights.

i wonder how they compare to the new Sony NC300D

Or should I just look into getting the X1060, which already has built in NC function?

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #22 of 106
kwang-
I'm with you on the NC version. I'm eagerly awaiting reports of that model's SQ.

I have the Sony X1060, and the NC only works with the supplies Sony phones. There's a mic in each earpiece, which senses how much noise is present. It doesn't work with other brands of phones, unfortunately.

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #23 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kwang-
I'm with you on the NC version. I'm eagerly awaiting reports of that model's SQ.

I have the Sony X1060, and the NC only works with the supplies Sony phones. There's a mic in each earpiece, which senses how much noise is present. It doesn't work with other brands of phones, unfortunately.

How well does the X1060 NC work? And how is the sound quality of the provided headphones?

I'm sorta planning on upgrading my A728 to x1060 anyway, so if the provided NC headphones are decent, then it'd be my best choice. The only thing keeping me away from buying x1060 today is the steep price in Canada... 32gb for $500 + 12% tax... OMG!!

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #24 of 106
The SQ with the supplied phones is actually pretty darn good. With NC activated, it does a great job cutting out background noise (haven't tried it on a flight yet though). They're pretty bright phones in the treble, but I can't expect perfection in an included earphone. With NC activated, they're not a huge margin behind the IE8's actually.......

Jul 13, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #25 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SQ with the supplied phones is actually pretty darn good. With NC activated, it does a great job cutting out background noise (haven't tried it on a flight yet though). They're pretty bright phones in the treble, but I can't expect perfection in an included earphone. With NC activated, they're not a huge margin behind the IE8's actually.......

wow, that sounds pretty promising. I guess I'll really just go straight for a X1060 then.... if i can find it at a cheaper price ^^''

thanks for the info!

Jul 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #26 of 106
Street price is $99 so I ordered a black C710. We'll see what I think about them. I like bassy, mid forward, well extended and well detailed like HONEYBOY described so I couldn't resist.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #28 of 106
Jul 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #30 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes i was meaning those but.......

in black???? yuck

me likely shiney shiney silver

Denon%20AH-C710_silver-thumb-500x375-89924.jpg

WOW! these look gorgeous!! *drool*
i kinda got convinced to get one just by looking at the pic hahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back