Denon AH-A100 photo album
Nov 1, 2010 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

SaiSai

100+ Head-Fier
I got it this afternoon. Here are the photos.
dt880smile.png

\

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 75
More pics
dt880smile.png

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 75
It just looks gorgeous! I will sell my T50p and use it as my portable headphone.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 75
Damn too many headphones to buy!!

please tell me how good are they>>
how it compare to the D7000????

as i am planning to use my D7000 as a portable headphones with the HM602 ( i know it is not that portable. lol)

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 75

Quote:
Damn too many headphones to buy!!

please tell me how good are they>>
how it compare to the D7000????

as i am planning to use my D7000 as a portable headphones with the HM602 ( i know it is not that portable. lol)

I had a D1001 and D501 in the past,
I think it's for portable because it only weights 195g
Typical Denon sound with powerful bass.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 75
Please give opinions soon. I've read somewhere on these forums, that a head-fier preferred the a100 over the D7000 and D5000. That's just one opinion though. I really want to hear what you think about these headphones, so far they look very similar to the d1100 except for the shiny wooden cups. From what I've heard from other members the D2000 is still better than the D1100. Who knows, maybe the a100 is completely different from the d1100, I'm hoping that it will be. 

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #8 of 75
Made in Japan?

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 75
I don't think it's made in Japan. I can see some Chinese words on the box and I think it's made in China.
Without burn-in, the sound is unexpectedly clean and clear. The soundstage is bigger than my Beyer T50p.

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #13 of 75

Quote:
What's the build quality like?  Is it mostly made of plastic?

Nicely built. The ear cups are made of Hand crafted real Mahogany wood housing
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #15 of 75
Would you consider these portable?  Or are they the size of D2000?

Early Japanese Reviewers have written the follows:

1 early reviewer wrote:  http://ayuchin.blog11.fc2.com/blog-entry-1186.html
The earpads are very comfortable and better than D1100.  The headphone is much lighter than expected and faked me out, because the box was so heavy. 
Upon first hearing it with minimal break-in, the tonal balance seems to be very similar to D1100 with the same kind of warm bass frequency.  Not a significant jump or from D1100 so far.  Though the A100 does seem to have slightly more clarity than the D1100.  In terms of soundstage, the A100 is very good and you can hear the position of the orchestral instruments very well.  Instrument separation is very clear, but not necessarily mind-blowing.  The sound signature itself is very gentle and not very forward or harsh.  It doesn't have the airy and clean feel of open headphones but that is to be expected.  The A100 has very strong bass, but it's coming from deep within the headphones and doesn't get in the way of the mids which are very vibrant.  After listening to the A100 for 3 hours, I went back to the D1100 and found the D1100 to be lacking the lushness, clarity and instrument separation and sounding dry.

2nd early reviewer/test report: http://www.phileweb.com/ec/index.php?p=24010
They sound very lush and warm but well balanced.  Very deep and powerful bass with vibrant mids.  Soundstage is very good and the ear pads are amazing.  The headband is the same as the D1100 but the overall headphone is very light and I like it.  The bass drum has very big impact, but it's not loose and doesn't muddle the other frequencies.  The highs and cymbal crashes sound very good and spread around the headphones very naturally.  It doesn't sound harsh at all but is still very powerful and is well balanced. Female vocals sound very supple yet gentle and feel like you can feel it to your bones. Acapellas are very clear and engulfing and you can hear the voice separations very well.  Hendrix guitar sounds are abundant but not overpowering or or stiff...it just sounds natural with musical saturation.  Bass doesn't sound linear, but instead is very smooth and supple grooviness.  Great looks, quality and sound!

Hope these help!

I look forward to comparison with other Denon high end headphones as well as perhaps something like the ATH ESW9 or ES10 and the ultrasones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back