Denon AH-7200
Dec 24, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #2,806 of 3,155
Dec 30, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #2,808 of 3,155
I am looking for some help I have a pair of Denon ah-d7200 my daughter ripped the cord out and damaged the connection to the right ear driver. I have ordered the part number 917328100140S twice from encompass where it is listed as l/r driver assembly but I keep getting sent a left ear and the holes are slightly different. Both sides are clearly marked left and right with different screw hole positions. I have been in contact with both Denon and encompass and I keep getting the same answer. Does anyone have any advice?

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #2,809 of 3,155
I am looking for some help I have a pair of Denon ah-d7200 my daughter ripped the cord out and damaged the connection to the right ear driver. I have ordered the part number 917328100140S twice from encompass where it is listed as l/r driver assembly but I keep getting sent a left ear and the holes are slightly different. Both sides are clearly marked left and right with different screw hole positions. I have been in contact with both Denon and encompass and I keep getting the same answer. Does anyone have any advice?
Thats going to be a difficult replacement.

If you're unable to source the correct pcb, you could try to source a 3.5mm connector and wire it directly to it without the pcb.

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #2,810 of 3,155
I was thinking to replace the D7200 drivers with the D9200, has anybody done this?
If yes, where did you get the drivers from? Worried they could not be genuine.
I might try this but only when I get a spare unit.

Jan 2, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #2,811 of 3,155
I got for Christmas an open box D7200 from Amazon UK, 358£ in excellent shape (but missing carton box).This is the 3rd unit I have owned in the last 3 years and by far the best sounding, While the previous units needed EQ badly to sound right in the upper mids and highs, this doesn't and comes very close to the D9200, to the point that which the latter was sold. The differences are minimal and certainly the 7200 is good enough for my ears. A blind test between the 2 was not possible because the stiffer pads of the 7200 make it immediately recognisable: I am not so sure I would have passed it. If anything, the 9200 might have had a bit more microdetails, but still behind my Arya Stealth annd LCD-X.
The 7200 might have a wider soundstage as I always found the 9200 very intimate.

Jan 2, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #2,812 of 3,155
I just received a D7200 as a Christmas present this past weekend and I am loving it so far. Planning on swapping the cable as it is a bit too long for my needs as well as the pads. The headband isn't the most comfortable however and I saw this option on eBay. Has anyone else tried it? I messaged the seller wang yifei and they didn't really help much regarding my questions on fitment. I'd like to avoid enlarging or damaging the holes in the cups and I figured this option was sized perfectly for the D7200 and other Denon models. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265355829051?var=565195672626

Still, their response was only:

"I can't promise anything
This is at your own risk
I'll just tell you the possibilities‌‌‌‌‌‍‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‌‌‍‌‍‍‌‍‌‍‌‍‌‌‍‌‍‍‌‍‌‍‌‍‌‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍"

Hmmm...

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Jan 2, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #2,813 of 3,155
I just received a D7200 as a Christmas present this past weekend and I am loving it so far. Planning on swapping the cable as it is a bit too long for my needs as well as the pads. The headband isn't the most comfortable however and I saw this option on eBay. Has anyone else tried it? I messaged the seller wang yifei and they didn't really help much regarding my questions on fitment. I'd like to avoid enlarging or damaging the holes in the cups and I figured this option was sized perfectly for the D7200 and other Denon models. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265355829051?var=565195672626

This is at your own risk
I'll just tell you the possibilities‌‌‌‌‌‍‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‌‌‍‌‍‍‌‍‌‍‌‍‌‌‍‌‍‍‌‍‌‍‌‍‌‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍"

Hmmm...

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Interesting option but it does not look nice.... I would first try to get some good headband padding (ZMF pilot pad) or dekoni's nuggets, you keep the original product and improve the comfort. If the clamp is the issue then best to stretch the headphones over some box (or something bigger over few nights and the clamping force will ease up).
Anyway good luck with improving their comfort, for me simple headband does the work.

Jan 2, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #2,814 of 3,155
Interesting option but it does not look nice.... I would first try to get some good headband padding (ZMF pilot pad) or dekoni's nuggets, you keep the original product and improve the comfort. If the clamp is the issue then best to stretch the headphones over some box (or something bigger over few nights and the clamping force will ease up).
Anyway good luck with improving their comfort, for me simple headband does the work.
It's not too much of an issue right now but I do notice much more pressure on top of my head than with my previous daily drivers: HE400i's. I also own the Audeze Mobius for listening at the office and those have a similar, rigid headband to the 7200. Personally I find the leather headband of the HE400i very comfortable but it's probably just what I'm used to. I'll look into the Pilot Pad from ZMF - thanks for the tip!

Jan 2, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #2,815 of 3,155

This is at your own risk

Hmmm...

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
I feel you on the headband, i got rid of mine after a week, and never looked back.

Jan 2, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #2,816 of 3,155

This is at your own risk

Hmmm...

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
Yeah I had the same issue, the headband dig into my skull and it was too painful to wear but you could just get a headband cover.

https://www.amazon.com/Headband-Pro...ia+headband+cover+brown&qid=1672715521&sr=8-3

I have this one and fixed the problem for me. Using the D7200s as my daily driver for about 6 months now with the pad.

Jan 2, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #2,817 of 3,155
I feel you on the headband, i got rid of mine after a week, and never looked back.
I'm definitely enjoying the sound of them too much to part with them - especially compared to the HE400i. I've tried a few different EQ settings in Peace from other users in the thread and I'm enjoying the results. Definitely adds more air in the top end without changing too much of the overall signature and removes some of the dark characteristics that obscure detail.
6TRdHGQ.png

Jan 2, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #2,818 of 3,155
I'm definitely enjoying the sound of them too much to part with them - especially compared to the HE400i. I've tried a few different EQ settings in Peace from other users in the thread and I'm enjoying the results. Definitely adds more air in the top end without changing too much of the overall signature and removes some of the dark characteristics that obscure detail.
6TRdHGQ.png
I meant i got rid if the headband lol. Been using the d7200 for about 2 years now, no other cans come close.

Jan 2, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #2,819 of 3,155
I meant i got rid if the headband lol. Been using the d7200 for about 2 years now, no other cans come close.
Hah! Did you replace it with the one link I posted from eBay or did you just use extra padding? Another option? I personally like the leather strap without padding as I find they don't cause hotspots and spread the weight across my whole head but I'm sure it's not for everyone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265355829051?var=565195672626

Jan 2, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #2,820 of 3,155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back