Denon AH-7200
Apr 23, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #1,697 of 3,156
I was thinking of buying a pair of these as I have owned Denon in the past and really enjoyed them. Typically I listen to music straight out of my iphone/ipod or through my computer. How do these sound unamped? Based on their specs (impedance of 25 ohms and sensitivity of 105 dB/mW) it seemed like they wouldn't require an amp. I may go with the AH-M400's as those appear to be more designed for portable use.

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #1,698 of 3,156
I was thinking of buying a pair of these as I have owned Denon in the past and really enjoyed them. Typically I listen to music straight out of my iphone/ipod or through my computer. How do these sound unamped? Based on their specs (impedance of 25 ohms and sensitivity of 105 dB/mW) it seemed like they wouldn't require an amp. I may go with the AH-M400's as those appear to be more designed for portable use.

I have used the D7200 straight out of a Samsung S8+ and been pretty happy with the performance. They are noticeably better via my X7II with the AM5 amp (better dynamics and better bass weight) and further improved through the Chord Mojo (Better bass impact and slightly smoothed treble).

These differences are noticeable but not dramatic. I would say that they scale well though and improve with better power.

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #1,700 of 3,156
I have 2 stock cables - want to make one XLR. Is it possible or are there only 3 wires inside the original cable?
Yes possible

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #1,704 of 3,156
You can buy it as spare part - but VERY expensive (if i remember something near 200 Euro)
Thanks!
I am on the search for a balanced cable with 2.5mm jack.
As I love the sound signature of the stock cable, I thought I could by an other one and reconnect the jack to a 2.5mm balanced jack.

Other options so far are Beyerdynamic Audiophile balanced cable (T1/T5p) or Forza Claire HPC MK2. But no one can tell me, if I get the same sound signature as the stock cable :triportsad:

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,705 of 3,156
Build your own balanced cable. 2x slim 3.5 stereo jacks (+ on the tip, - on the sleeve, ring n/c), Neutrik/Amphenol XLR or 4 pole connector and 1.5-2m of silver plated OCC braided cable (4 or 8 wire) that you can get on Ali.
30 minutes job to make it more than just a cable, an art piece :wink:

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #1,707 of 3,156
Yes, I get that. That's why I meant buying only bulk braided cable (it is not exactly cheap even in China)

Good DIYers there price themselves.

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #1,710 of 3,156
The effects that cable materials have on sound is not noticeable. Do not trust those snake oil sales person. Normal copper is the cheapest and my go-to choice.

You just could not have been further from truth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back