Denon AH-7200
Apr 5, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #903 of 3,156
Not sure what you are trying to say here Frank.

​I'm guessing Frank probably meant to quote xinghui0711.

Not sure I'd get on with the Dekoni pads as I don't think I'd want the AH-D7200 sounding any darker. A little brighter I could live with though. I'm maybe lucky living in a cooler clime but  don't find the stock pads get sweaty during use.

With the lack of pad rolling options I really hope that Denon will at least sell spare pads (& rings). I never understand it when manufacturers make their pads detachable but don't offer replacements.

After some teething problems I no longer find comfort to be much of an issue at all and can happily use mine for hours at a time. Not sure if I've adjusted to them or they've simple relaxed a bit. Haven't noticed the dip that some have mentioned but they do definitely flatten out on top. Mine are 'only' extended to 6 so head size / shape may be a factor.

I thought Frank's review was pretty much on the money and the only area where I think he may have been a bit optimistic was in his suggestion that 90% of users would likely have no issues. If we were taking a straw poll of owners in this thread my money would probably be on around 50-60%, but it's always hard to gauge these things as those with issues tend to be more vocal than those who don't I guess.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #904 of 3,156
​I'm guessing Frank probably meant to quote xinghui0711.

Not sure I'd get on with the Dekoni pads as I don't think I'd want the AH-D7200 sounding any darker. A little brighter I could live with though. I'm maybe lucky living in a cooler clime but  don't find the stock pads get sweaty during use.

With the lack of pad rolling options I really hope that Denon will at least sell spare pads (& rings). I never understand it when manufacturers make their pads detachable but don't offer replacements.

After some teething problems I no longer find comfort to be much of an issue at all and can happily use mine for hours at a time. Not sure if I've adjusted to them or they've simple relaxed a bit. Haven't noticed the dip that some have mentioned but they do definitely flatten out on top. Mine are 'only' extended to 6 so head size / shape may be a factor.

I thought Frank's review was pretty much on the money and the only area where I think he may have been a bit optimistic was in his suggestion that 90% of users would likely have no issues. If we were taking a straw poll of owners in this thread my money would probably be on around 50-60%, but it's always hard to gauge these things as those with issues tend to be more vocal than those who don't I guess.

I agree. They don't need any more bass. They're perfect just the way they are. I also don't want any more treble either, so I'm staying with the stock pads until an aftermarket pair comes out that doesn't alter the sound signature.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #908 of 3,156
Why why are the 7200s perpetually unavailability..
Are they supposed to be a limited edition?

They've been quite readily available here in the UK for a couple of months now and pricing is very favourable compared to the US. A few US members have actually import from here due to a combination of that pricing, good exchange rates and non-EU residents being able to shop tax free (we locals get hit with 20% tax).

This was the place they used: https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk

At current pricing I think you'd be looking at a little over $700 USD shipped whereas I think the US price is around $1000 USD iirc. The downside of course is that returns would be problematic and they'd likely not have any warranty on them unless Denon do it on a global rather than regional level.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #909 of 3,156

They've been quite readily available here in the UK for a couple of months now and pricing is very favourable compared to the US. A few US members have actually import from here due to a combination of that pricing, good exchange rates and non-EU residents being able to shop tax free (we locals get hit with 20% tax).

This was the place they used: https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk

At current pricing I think you'd be looking at a little over $700 USD shipped whereas I think the US price is around $1000 USD iirc. The downside of course is that returns would be problematic and they'd likely not have any warranty on them unless Denon do it on a global rather than regional level.

​People can also import from Amazon Japan for less than $800 with expedited shipping. I don't know why D&M holdings didn't already distribute them in the U.S. however. D600/D7100 releases were widely available.

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #912 of 3,156
Are the replacement pads wider than the stock one in other words similar to Lawton so thy fit larger ears? I use Lawton on the X00 but they dont fit the D7200 but would like the similar opening.

I wasn't the one who had the replacement pads. I've only ever used them with stock pads. You need to ask Xinghui

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #913 of 3,156
Bought the Meze 99 Classics cable as a backup and they arrived today. Wow! What a crappy cable! My beautiful Denon sound was wrecked and gone was the neutral signature and clear mids. People you owe it to yourselves to use a decent cable with these cans. The Meze cable muddied the mids and created a slight V shape sound. I absolutely hated it. These cans don't need any more bass or treble. I heard treble peaks for the first time since they've burned in and I heard mushy bass on songs that never had it before. And the mids sounded recessed and noticeably less clear. I'll stick to my Beyerdynamic Audiophile cable. If anyone wants a piece of crap cable for free just send me a message. If you pay for the shipping you can have this poor excuse of a cable for free. Otherwise, it will look great at the bottom of my trash can.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #914 of 3,156
Yep, those BD cables are top notch, they always were for their high end line. Can only recommend getting one of them, be it for SE or balanced, unless you want to work on the cable that come with the D7200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back