Denon AH-7200
Mar 16, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #661 of 3,155
Looking forward to seeing some reviews of this headphone. I've listened to it shortly a few times and I really enjoyed the sound.

I haven't posted an official review, but they're my favorite closed back headphone to date. I wish they would hurry up and get released in the US so more people can get the chance to use them and review them. I had mine ordered from overseas and it was a gamble without being able to demo them. But it paid off in spades because they're so good. But there's a lot of people who will not be willing to fork over so much money without at least a demo.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #662 of 3,155
  TH 900 MK2 is more musical more immersive with well recorded music , picky for the source ,,
7200 could be used for every thing ( movies , gaming , etc...... ) , i think its more balanced over all , but less fun .

GU1DO, how is the bass and more important the spatiality on these?
How do you compare them to the Z1R in that regard?
What I am intereted in is which performs best for surround applications (bass and space) for movies and games.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #664 of 3,155

GU1DO, how is the bass and more important the spatiality on these?
How do you compare them to the Z1R in that regard?
What I am intereted in is which performs best for surround applications (bass and space) for movies and games.

Bass is more than enough ,, less sub bass than the 900 ,, but still i never felt that they lack in that regards 
imaging and sound localization is like the 900 at its best but it is less V shaped
which will effect sound stage ,,, sound is  more close and forward with faster decay but not dry at all .

Z1R have the bass , but it is less detailed ,, more relaxed and less attack , more coherent with the mids
imaging and sound localization is good but i think it is better in the fostex drivers , more layers and contrast.

hmm ,, i think you are looking for something to complement the Realiser A16 , is that correct ?
what  you need is a headphone with good bass and very good imaging ,
and sound stage that doesn't interfere with the DSP effect and deliver it precisely ,

for me i think the 7200 is the better choice if not the best in my collection ( Elear come 2nd )
my test for that is binaural records and games ,, i found that if the headphone have large sound stage
it will not give the best result and overemphasize the 3D effect.

I hope that answered what was you were looking for :)

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #665 of 3,155

Bass is more than enough ,, less sub bass than the 900 ,, but still i never felt that they lack in that regards 
imaging and sound localization is like the 900 at its best but it is less V shaped
which will effect sound stage ,,, sound is  more close and forward with faster decay but not dry at all .

Z1R have the bass , but it is less detailed ,, more relaxed and less attack , more coherent with the mids
imaging and sound localization is good but i think it is better in the fostex drivers , more layers and contrast.

hmm ,, i think you are looking for something to complement the Realiser A16 , is that correct ?
what  you need is a headphone with good bass and very good imaging ,
and sound stage that doesn't interfere with the DSP effect and deliver it precisely ,

for me i think the 7200 is the better choice if not the best in my collection ( Elear come 2nd )
my test for that is binaural records and games ,, i found that if the headphone have large sound stage
it will not give the best result and overemphasize the 3D effect.

I hope that answered what was you were looking for :)

Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!
Maybe not what I wanted to hear though. :wink:
So it'll definitely be one to try out with the Realiser then.
Do you find it worth it to keep both the Z1R and D7200?

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #666 of 3,155
Having owned these for a while now, I think they're finally fully burned in. The only changes I've noticed is that the treble has relaxed a little and the already amazing and tight bass seems to be ever so slightly stronger. I didn't need these changes as I've loved these right out of the box. That said, they're even more perfect than I thought. They sound like a more refined Shure 1540 to me with a much more controlled and defined low end and with less recessed mids. I wouldn't change one thing about them.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #668 of 3,155
@GU1DO

if you have to pick one. which one is better in overall between z1r and d7200? 

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #669 of 3,155

Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!
Maybe not what I wanted to hear though. :wink:
So it'll definitely be one to try out with the Realiser then.
Do you find it worth it to keep both the Z1R and D7200?

Z1R have expensive sound and i like them because it is deferent than the Fostex sound ,
so yes i think they are keepers , but i dont think they should cost more then 1500$ ,,
will see if the Ether C Flow will replace it ..

@GU1DO

Thanks for the tip on the binaural recordings by the way, might be worth giving it a try to compare my phones while I'm waiting a few more months for the Realiser.

Actually i will give you the credit for that , Realiser A16 was not under my radar until i saw your profile , now i am obsessed about it
atsmile.gif

past month i was only reading about DSP and 3D  stuff :)

@GU1DO

if you have to pick one. which one is better in overall between z1r and d7200? 

7200 all the way ,, i enjoy it with everything ,, music , games , youtube

Z1R good only for music ,  and they are big and not comfortable for long time ,
beside that they are overpriced , unless you get it as i did (for1450$).

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #670 of 3,155
Originally Posted by GU1DO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually i will give you the credit for that , Realiser A16 was not under my radar until i saw your profile , now i am obsessed about it
atsmile.gif

past month i was only reading about DSP and 3D  stuff :)

I recently got a PSVR with their 3D headphones. Not bad as a first surround sound experience but the headphones are simple gaming headphones. The PSVR is a fun experience as well but doesn't have the picure quality of an Occulus Rift which I demod once for example. Nevertheless VR with 3D sound is fun and immersive though for longer playtime a huge 65" screen from about 2m distance is very immersive as well and still has my preference.

I also backed the Ossic X kickstarter project and am expecting that one as well this year. Much less expensive than the Realiser, wonder how that will turn out.

And then there's the Realiser which I expect a lot from. I want to pair it with the best closed phones for surround as possible.

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #671 of 3,155
Here's a good review and comparison of the 7200. But I need to correct one mistake the author makes. The 7200 drivers and cable were both specifically made in JAPAN not China.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/5tka1p/denon_ahd7200_vs_fostex_th900mk1_comparison_review/

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #672 of 3,155

7200 all the way ,, i enjoy it with everything ,, music , games , youtube

Z1R good only for music ,  and they are big and not comfortable for long time ,
beside that they are overpriced , unless you get it as i did (for1450$).

ahh i see. thanks a lot for your input

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #673 of 3,155
Here's a good review and comparison of the 7200. But I need to correct one mistake the author makes. The 7200 drivers and cable were both specifically made in JAPAN not China.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/5tka1p/denon_ahd7200_vs_fostex_th900mk1_comparison_review/

Thanks for the link, nice read.

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #674 of 3,155

That is my review. I was going by the face that the box says Made in China. I do know that the cable is made in Japan, but had no idea about the drivers. Thanks for clearing that up.

As of now I still stand by my review for the most part. The more time I spend with the TH900 the more I fail to understand the hype surrounding it back then. 

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #675 of 3,155
That is my review. I was going by the face that the box says Made in China. I do know that the cable is made in Japan, but had no idea about the drivers. Thanks for clearing that up.

As of now I still stand by my review for the most part. The more time I spend with the TH900 the more I fail to understand the hype surrounding it back then. 

I like your review and think it's very fair and helpful. I've never heard the th900 so I can't comment on it but a lot of people here want that comparison. On Denon's website they explicitly state that the 7200 drivers are brand new and were designed in Japan (along with the cord). But you are right, everything else is made in China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back