Denon AH-7200
Aug 14, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,156 of 3,156
Aug 15, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #1,157 of 3,156
those mini jacks will not fit the Denon unfortunately...

I had to use quite thin mini jacks since my Neutriks and Reans would not fit..

These would also work since the top section is quite thin and enters the body of the Denon's correctly

jack-35mm-plug-stereo-gold-plated-24k-o55mm.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #1,159 of 3,156
My Massdrop order of ZMF Ori pads and headband pad came in the mail today (earlier than I expected), so I had a brief listen.

1) The headband pad is a MUST - so much more comfort, I can now wear 7200s for more than 40 minutes without constantly readjusting them
2) The pads are extremely comfortable, but I don't like how Ori pads change the sound signature of 7200. Most probably due to the fact they are significantly thicker than stock pads, there is much more mid bass and less mids and highs. I cannot say I don't like the sound per se, but it's definitely not the 7200 signature sound which got me captivated the first time I put them on. I'll give them one more try in a couple weeks, but for now I'll stay on stock pads and the ZMF headband pad.

Aug 15, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #1,160 of 3,156
Looking forward to this as was deciding between the Cayin or the X5iii

Yesterday I received the Cayin i5. Don't buy it. It is slow, firmware is so poor, rolled off highs so you lose the microdetails from the Denon. I have a Opus#1 that is better, but I use my gear mostly at the office so I bought a Chord Mojo. I had the Mojo earlier and I know the sound. It's warm sounding but with details. Soundstage not big but Denon already has. I hope the match is OK.

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #1,162 of 3,156
Yesterday I received the Cayin i5. Don't buy it. It is slow, firmware is so poor, rolled off highs so you lose the microdetails from the Denon. I have a Opus#1 that is better, but I use my gear mostly at the office so I bought a Chord Mojo. I had the Mojo earlier and I know the sound. It's warm sounding but with details. Soundstage not big but Denon already has. I hope the match is OK.

Thanks for the input I will look somewhere else. The Mojo could be something I will look at. :ksc75smile:

Aug 15, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,163 of 3,156
Cayin is a warmish amp and the 7200 is also warmish. Ifi silver would be better than the two amps you mentioned.

Aug 16, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #1,167 of 3,156
I must have been under a rock for a while as I only just stumbled across this thread and now it's distracted me for the whole day.

I still have a mint pair of the AHD-7000's which I still love to this day. Apologies if this has been asked before in this thread (can't read 78 pages) but how do the 7200's compare to the 7000's? Can anyone who has used both comment?

The 7200's being 'better' is the only reason I would ever sell the 7000's. I may even decide to have both if there are enough sonic and build differences.

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #1,169 of 3,156
The 7200 is bette in my opinion does not have the recessed mids and bass ore defined, The treble is polished and the cord is removable and does not cringe. I owned the d7000 and the 7200 is the next evolution and they got it right.
You are selling yours? Why ?

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,170 of 3,156
I must have been under a rock for a while as I only just stumbled across this thread and now it's distracted me for the whole day.

I still have a mint pair of the AHD-7000's which I still love to this day. Apologies if this has been asked before in this thread (can't read 78 pages) but how do the 7200's compare to the 7000's? Can anyone who has used both comment?

The 7200's being 'better' is the only reason I would ever sell the 7000's. I may even decide to have both if there are enough sonic and build differences.

Thanks!

Welcome! It's sound it different from the 7000 as previously mentioned by Frank I. I would recommend taking a lazy weekend to read through the pages of this thread. Lots of good information like pads swapping, cable suggestions, dac recommendations and more. I was late to the party too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back