Denon AH-7200
Feb 28, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #601 of 3,156
so, let's summarize what cables most likely fit these headphones

Meze 99
AH-D600
AH-D7100
MDR-Z7
Beyer T1/T5p 2G

I need a 4-PIN Balanced cable from one of these. So far no luck other than using one the usual cable makers. 

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #602 of 3,156
so, let's summarize what cables most likely fit these headphones

Meze 99
AH-D600
AH-D7100
MDR-Z7
Beyer T1/T5p 2G

I need a 4-PIN Balanced cable from one of these. So far no luck other than using one the usual cable makers. 

Will this work for you?

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/connection-cable-audiophile-3m-balanced.html

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #604 of 3,156
If any interest soon parting with new Meze 1.2m cable in silver + new Sennheiser 1/4-inch to 1/8-inch adaptor (one with cable that gives good stress relief used with DAP/other components). Bought both for my 7200's which I sold. Will post ad later in week or early next week.

:astonished:

What didn't you like about them? Just curious because I love everything about them.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #609 of 3,156
Poor noise isolation contrary to what I read before purchase. Been seeking non-ANC headphone that has really good isolation from outside sounds while having excellent sound quality. Still haven't found a can that delivers these attributes. My Ether C's were average at isolation from outside sounds, but much better compared to D7200's. The D7200 is really a semi-closed headphone. It's been said over and over by others, tough task engineering closed over ear headphone with really good passive isolation from outside sounds coupled with excellent sound quality.  One day, one day..

That's fair. They aren't the best for isolation. Have you ever tried any headphones by Blue? The Blue Mofi, Blue Ella and Sadie all isolate extremely well and they have a built-in amp. I've never heard the Blue Lola but since it has the same headband mechanism, I assume it isolates just as well. It will also be cheaper and lighter because it comes without the amp. They also have more pronounced bass. Too much for my liking, but if you find the Denon's lacking in that department, then you'll appreciate that tuning more. Good luck in your search!

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #610 of 3,156
:astonished:

What didn't you like about them? Just curious because I love everything about them.

Poor noise isolation contrary to what I read before purchase. Been seeking non-ANC headphone that has really good isolation from outside sounds while having excellent sound quality. Still haven't found a can that delivers these attributes. My Ether C's were average at isolation from outside sounds, but certainly better compared to D7200's but at cost should be. The D7200 is in reality a semi-closed headphone and lets lots of outside noise in."Yeah but when the music is playing it masks most outside sounds." That rationalization isn't my experience especially at save my hearing lower volumes I listen at. It's been said over and over by others, it's a tough engineering challenge designing a closed over-ear headphone with really good passive isolation from outside sounds coupled with excellent sound quality.  One day, one day..

Which HPs will you try next?
Mrspeakers Aeon or Sony Z1r might fit the bill well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #613 of 3,156
  I'm curious if people received the cleaning cloth that was supposed to ship with the headphones? I didn't see one in the box but its pictured on the box.

Check inside the top of the box. There should be a small paperboard envelope containing the cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back