Denon 1001's vs. Creative Aurvana live
Nov 3, 2008 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

jay.money

100+ Head-Fier
I hear the Creative are a Denon clone, but how similar are they really?

I'm looking for a portable closed back can and HD25s & 1001s are top of list. Should I consider the Creatives? Or continue to be a brand whore?

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 45
Yeah I heard they share the same drivers indeed, but the cans are a bit different, and the material certainly looks different, so I'm not sure if they sound the same, and/or if the Creative isolates better than the Denon.

Also, interesting to note, about the frequency response:
Denon says: 8 - 37.000Hz
Creative says: 10 - 30.000Hz

That's quite a bit of a difference in the highs (even though we can't hear nowhere near that anyway...
tongue.gif
)
Seriously, Denon numbers sound a bit exaggerated to me, but I'm not sure, the difference might come from the different cans/materials.

And the rest of the specs. is exactly the same for both.

I'm really curious too if someone did an A/B comparison between them.
smile.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 45
The CAL! isolate the trebles only, no low frequency isolation at all, so a journey by train will be equally painful as without them. The transducers are the same in the Denons but the Creative's are made of plastic parts only, while the Denons use some metal elements. Both use a crappy wire which is subject to replace for something decent, and then they transform into a great pair of headphones.

Nov 4, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which headphones don't?

Bose..they are the most neutral headphones humanity has ever created.

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #10 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hahahahahahahahahahaha. no.

I've never heard the aurvana lives, but I have a lot of experience with Creative gear. In my experience, they are a pretty easily comparable to Bose. A "high end" company for the masses. Every set of creative headphones I've heard sounds very colored to me (much like bose). And their better headphones aren't worth the money, especially with sennheiser now covering the low price range

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #11 of 45
Sennheiser PWNS!

they got headphones for everyone

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #12 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahahahahahahahahahaha. no.

I've never heard the aurvana lives, but I have a lot of experience with Creative gear. ... And their better headphones aren't worth the money, especially with sennheiser now covering the low price range

You are wrong. Creative Aurvana Live! has very good quaility/price ratio.
One of the best alternatives for the portative use

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #13 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yepp, they are the most neutral headphones in regards of raising my interest.
smily_headphones1.gif
Does anybody know how to turn off the bass boost?
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #14 of 45
While we're on this, I, as a sometime lurker turned new poster whose been looking for a new pair of likely closed but certainly non-leaky headphones have to ask, how would these two compare with each other and in general in terms of not letting everyone else hear in on my music?
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While we're on this, I, as a sometime lurker turned new poster whose been looking for a new pair of likely closed but certainly non-leaky headphones have to ask, how would these two compare with each other and in general in terms of not letting everyone else hear in on my music?
tongue.gif

I don't have neither of them, but people say the Denon, at least, doesn't leak too much, so I guess it's fine for you.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back