Denafrips Venus 2 & 12th anniversary edition
Aug 27, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #46 of 130
After borrowing a few brands of speaker wire I ended up with Dueland tin copper right off the spool added silver spades what a nice surprise this was .

edit my model of speakers i can’t bi-amp

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #47 of 130
After borrowing a few brands of speaker wire I ended up with Dueland tin copper right off the spool added silver spades what a nice surprise this was .

edit my model of speakers i can’t bi-amp
BTW, I tried this... (see image).
Results are stunning - no BS.

Attachments

• Mittel (IMG_2957).jpeg
    Mittel (IMG_2957).jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 0
Aug 31, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #48 of 130
BTW, I tried this... (see image).
Results are stunning - no BS.
I’ve never tried elevating cables off the floor ,..

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #49 of 130
It depends on what material your floor is. Very few people understand how electricity 'flows' through a wire. It's the electric field that transmits the energy and if you have a concrete floor with enforcement, thick iron rods, that affects the magnetic field. Adding distance reduces this effect.

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #50 of 130
Back to the Venus II - while the D300 is on its journey from Guangzhou, I've been listening to the little Aune X5S digital turntable on the Venus II and the combination has been rock solid, not a single skip. This is using SPDIF via coax or toslink. BTW the sound quality on toslink or coax is virtually identical at lower volumes, while at high volume a difference starts to become noticeable, with some harshness imparted by the toslink connection.

If it weren't for the micro skips, the Soundaware D100 does sound more sophisticated than the Aune, though. I hope the D300 combines the sound with the reliability of the Aune. Plan is to connect the D300 with the Venus II via coax. Should it skip, I'll try an HDMI cable as suggested. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #51 of 130
Back to the Venus II - ...Fingers crossed!
:wink:
Do you have clean AC for the streamers?
Feeding streamers with as clean as possible AC is always a good starting point for SQ.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #53 of 130
Yes; a dedicated power circuit, and high quality cabling from wall to the stereo. My Accuphase amps don't like reconditioning or filtration so there's none of that.
I also heard that amps may prefer direct connections, with all things digital (streamers, DAC, CD players/transports) it might be different thought.

Sep 1, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #54 of 130
I also heard that amps may prefer direct connections, with all things digital (streamers, DAC, CD players/transports) it might be different thought.
It depends on your system and preferences I guess but I'd prioritize good cabling over current sucking devices that don't actively contribute to music making. That includes a good wall outlet (still need to do that) and a good power strip.

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #55 of 130
I have an original Monster Cable / Entech AC noise meter , after living in a concrete high rise for a couple decades full of reinforcing rods included being bomb barded with everything imaginable our new fifty year old home out of the city has been a blessing even with my entry level office system I can readily hear changes in components and wire far more then I could ever discern .

The last AC conditioner I tried was a Puritan 130 brand , fantastic at reducing AC noise as seen and heard using the Entec meter , remarkable actually at reducing AC noise , However with front end components I found it had a mild negative effect especially with a dac I had at the time , notably blunting transients . Currently I use Furutech power bars with medical grade wall receptacles with dedicated lines it all helps .

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #57 of 130
Quick update: the D300 has arrived and based on first few hours seems to work very well with the Venus, over coax no less.
The idea is to use i²s I assume?

How did it go with customs? I received an over €150 package and I got an instant refund of BTW\VAT 21% and had to declare it to customs seperately. Last Saturday I payed €11 customs (schiet mij maar lek; 9% btw over €65 + €5 adm).
And I advise against using FedEx because every time I get into conflict over them wanting me paying customs twice. I suspect there are conflicts over who should pay customs hete in the EU.
Just curious if all went well.

Sep 14, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #58 of 130
The idea is to use i²s I assume?

How did it go with customs? I received an over €150 package and I got an instant refund of BTW\VAT 21% and had to declare it to customs seperately. Last Saturday I payed €11 customs (schiet mij maar lek; 9% btw over €65 + €5 adm).
And I advise against using FedEx because every time I get into conflict over them wanting me paying customs twice. I suspect there are conflicts over who should pay customs hete in the EU.
Just curious if all went well.
For imports from outside the EU, typically there is no import duty on electronics but VAT is due at destination; most reputable dealers in Asia can handle this for you but if you’re going with ebay or such, you may get a surcharge from customs.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #60 of 130
Update: as the D300 settled in it started to play really nice with the Venus II, but as of today I have swapped out the coax for an i2 cable, a Tubulus Concentus. This cable aims at a similar level as the coax as I was using, but opens up DSD recordings and I understand also guarantees clock synchronisation between source and DAC, which can't be a bad thing (right?) :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back