Denafrips 'Pontus' R2R ladder DAC - close up view
Apr 21, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #1,516 of 1,799
I very much would recommend that you NOT place a laptop on top of your DAC, as it will introduce loads of electronic interference into your system, defeating the very purpose of your high end DAC.

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #1,518 of 1,799
You should not admit at all that you are from Russia. Be incognito. The words russia and russian have been VERY BADLY associated lately.
Nothing to be ashamed of. I know some Russians, they are honest, lovely people. Russia is one of few countries preserving traditional Christian values. Rulers of this world went crazy these days, forcing people to eat worms, promoting transhumanism, Russia is a one that balance it.

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #1,519 of 1,799
You should not admit at all that you are from Russia. Be incognito. The words russia and russian have been VERY BADLY associated lately.
Let's just keep politics out of this forum entirely and keep judgements to ourselves. He personally isn't responsible for the actions of his countries government, just as we aren't responsible for the actions of ours.

Apr 22, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #1,520 of 1,799
Let's just keep politics out of this forum entirely and keep judgements to ourselves. He personally isn't responsible for the actions of his countries government, just as we aren't responsible for the actions of ours.
seriously. kind of wild a public service announcement like this is even necessary. no one here is plotting coups, invading, or assassinating anyone. we’re just here for the gear.

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #1,521 of 1,799
Lets all talk about Pontus 2 and get back on topic. Please and Thank you.

May 14, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #1,522 of 1,799
Hi guys, quick question:
I need to hook up the Pontus 12 to two (or more) amplifiers and I'm thinking about using an RCA splitter, something like this:
AQ-RCAsplitter-RCA-eloszto.jpg

Has someone used anything similar? I know people recommended the box splitter thingies, but i tried a cheap RCA one off Amazon and hated the sound (can't use an XLR one).
I asked Vinshine Audio but they weren't much help.
Do you think there's any risk for the DAC or that it'd affect the sound negatively? I'm not going to use it with both amps turned on at the same time but still, need some advice. Thanks!

May 14, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #1,523 of 1,799
Hi guys, quick question:
I need to hook up the Pontus 12 to two (or more) amplifiers and I'm thinking about using an RCA splitter, something like this:

Has someone used anything similar? I know people recommended the box splitter thingies, but i tried a cheap RCA one off Amazon and hated the sound (can't use an XLR one).
Do you think there's any risk for the DAC or that it'd affect the sound negatively? I'm not going to use it with both amps turned on at the same time but still, need some advice. Thanks!
I'd get something like this (found in amazon) before splitting the signal with that or a nice preamp with 2 or more outputs

71m9aLz01GL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

May 14, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #1,524 of 1,799
That is exactly the one I have and I swear I can hear the difference (for the worse) when I introduce it to my chain. But yeah, a good preamp might not be a bad idea. Just have to find a super transparent one on my budget, lol.

May 14, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #1,525 of 1,799
I'd get something like this (found in amazon) before splitting the signal with that or a nice preamp with 2 or more outputs

71m9aLz01GL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Here is another one. Not that I hold to them in any way but ASR tested the XLR version of this brand and found it didn’t introduce any noise in the chain

Nobsound Little Bear MC1022 Mini 2(1)-in-1(2)-Out RCA Stereo Audio Switch Audio Switcher Passive Speaker Manual Selector Splitter Box Audio Sharing​

(Tried to include a link but it doesn’t take you to the correct item on Amazon)- this is sold by Douk Audio

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #1,526 of 1,799
Hi guys, quick question:

Do you think there's any risk for the DAC or that it'd affect the sound negatively? I'm not going to use it with both amps turned on at the same time but still, need some advice. Thank
Freya S → $599+ shipping
It has two RCA outputs.
Volume can be adjusted with the remote control.

May 15, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #1,528 of 1,799
Meanwhile.....i went back to V1.0 and appreciated the fuller and warmer sound for contemporary music with more base like chillout, house, techno and electronica. But version 1.3 seemed better to me for classical music. Deepness of stage and details are with 1.3 incredible.
Today i installed v1.4.
The difference to v1.0 is by far not as obvious as it has been with v1.3. I would say the bass is there regarding quantity on the level of 1.0...its a tad more controlled. Stage and Details are improved a bit, but not too much. Not as bright as v1.3.
Generally speaking v1.4 seems to be a good compromise, but v1.4 is soundwise def. nearer to V1.0.
Well....i have to spend more time as these are really very early impressions.
But so far i enjoy the third firmware from today...

May 19, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #1,529 of 1,799
Just upgraded my Pontus II to the new v1.4 firmware and am very happy with the sound. Thanks Vinshine Audio. I was previously using over sampling (OS with Smooth filter) but now prefer the NOS setting with this new version... very natural and punchy sound that works well with my Bluesound Node via USB, output from the Pontus II using balanced XLR to a Musical Fidelity M6Si Amp and KEF LS50 Meta speakers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back