DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view
Mar 4, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #301 of 3,907
Congrats thyname!
beerchug.gif

Did they tell what`s the estimated delivery time from Vishine to US?

From spec it seems that Ares and Venus are the sweet pots. Venus and Terminator both have 0.005% precision resistors, 26BIT R2R +  6BIT DSD, native PCM & DSD and same other spec. Only difference seems the meaty outboard PSU of Terminator.....

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #302 of 3,907
Mr Pluto

Thanks!

Alvin said 5-8 business days. We'll see. I am not in a rush.

In the ideal world, I would have gotten Venus. But there is a huge price difference (to me) between Ares and Venus. So Ares it is!

If Ares is any good, then I would save my money to buy a real good R2R Ladder DAC such as Venus or Holo Springs.

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #303 of 3,907
 Alvin said 5-8 business days. We'll see. I am not in a rush.

That`s great! I read somewhere that it takes around 3 weeks. I suppose shipping to Europe won`t take any longer also.

In the ideal world, I would have gotten Venus. But there is a huge price difference (to me) between Ares and Venus. So Ares it is! If Ares is any good, then I would save my money to buy a real good R2R Ladder DAC such as Venus or Holo Springs.

Exact same thoughts here. I will probably also order Ares first to see if there really is some magic. Over the years I have had a lot of different players and dac´s so lets see where the Ares stands and if it can compete with big boys. If the Ares truly is something special then I will order the Venus to replace my current source.  

BTW, pitbul34 preferred Ares to Holo Spring.
gs1000.gif

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #309 of 3,907
  Just ordered a DAC-68 R2R from denafrips.com via email (denafrips@gmail.com). Has anyone ordered from them before?
Looking forward to listening to it.

Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Seems they sell directly also. Ares is $18 cheaper than from Vinshine so prices are falling ......
deadhorse.gif

Can you please tell us how much was their shipping fee and estimated delivery time?

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #310 of 3,907
Just ordered an Ares DAC from Vinshine.....estimated delivery is one week to Australia (shipping was $50).  Excellent customer service - I received personal emails from the company almost immediately, which is a nice thing in this day and age.  

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #313 of 3,907
Just ordered a DAC-68 R2R from denafrips.com via email ([COLOR=555555]denafrips@gmail.com)[/COLOR]. Has anyone ordered from them before?
Looking forward to listening to it.

Have you ask them hows they sound considering Dac68 is 18bit vs Ares 20bit?

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #314 of 3,907
looks like everyone is getting ares. i am waiting for tomahawk and i hope it is still less than 1k but i think its going to be 1.5k

can anyone do a sound impression comparing the ares with something like grace or chord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back