DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view
Jun 24, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #2,477 of 3,927
Certainly, the test first then buy option is always a safe bet. I just now wonder, why would I want a cleaner signal inside the ares, just wondering. I payed to have a more analog like signal, more vinyl like, I paid for that, and now I am supposed to want to pay more, to try to make that signal more clean, more pure, more precise? I really feel like USB implementation in DACS has a long way to go still.

I can get a Singxer F1 locally, from official reseller same price, can return it. Would not buy now of course, maybe september or christmas or when ever, and I can return it. Question is, will it really make a difference?

Will do first a decent USB2.0 hub with separate power, and maybe the poor man ddc already mentioned. Is there a thread already for that thing? Cheers.
Amir said "A well designed DAC whose performance is measured objectively, is of no need to external tweaks. If it comes with a USB input and I show it to have good performance, that is that. Don't chase ghosts with such external measures as Singxer SU-1.."
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...surements-of-singxer-su-1-usb-to-s-pdif.7095/

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #2,478 of 3,927
Amir said "A well designed DAC whose performance is measured objectively, is of no need to external tweaks. If it comes with a USB input and I show it to have good performance, that is that. Don't chase ghosts with such external measures as Singxer SU-1.."
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...surements-of-singxer-su-1-usb-to-s-pdif.7095/
That Amir is a big time son of a gun, and completely unable to dance the boogy boogy, don't believe everything he says. He should cut his ears and do an omelette with them. Objetivist ear omelette, for breakfast, LOL

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #2,479 of 3,927
What is "measured objectively"? So this would indicate that an electronic measuring device can provide you information of being holographic, level of instrument isolation, layers, distance between vocalist from the front row, shimmer of highs, Prat, emotional engagement??????? I would love this cult leader to provide graphical representation of what I have stated. The answer is "impossible" .

I've been involved in audio long enough to discredit a person that is overly scientific and believes graphs as fact. Our human ear is so much more complex.

If this is the case, we should all buy a SMSL SU9 and proclaim it as the audio wonders in providing the "venue" in our "listening space" be it headphones, IEM's or 2 channel hifi system.

So if an individual using an older laptop feeding jitter to a DAC. This will be fixed by a "well designed DAC". Extremely simplistic comments to feed his jaded followers, instead of urging them to use their ears. I would hope such obvious suggestions of being a human and using personal ears is too far fetched for a person wanting followers.

I will admit that graphs are a nice compliment to learn. However in audio a perfect score in a graph is not directly related to audio bliss.

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #2,480 of 3,927
Amir golden year is well behind us now.

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #2,481 of 3,927
Sometimes it feels like head-fi (everywhere but Sound Science) is the only place somewhat free of ASR and the cult of Amir. And, honestly, some of the 2-channel YTers, who are more likely to moderate measurements with subjective impressions.

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #2,482 of 3,927
That Amir is a big time son of a gun, and completely unable to dance the boogy boogy, don't believe everything he says. He should cut his ears and do an omelette with them. Objetivist ear omelette, for breakfast, LOL

+1. Just another false god of audio.

Ears are the real test instrument.

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #2,483 of 3,927
Then the usage of the 'objective' vs. 'subjective' is incorrect.
From our point of view objective is our hearing. If you stay hehind machine analyzer screen it is subjective, as it is how a machine can interprete it.

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #2,484 of 3,927
Amir golden year is well behind us now.
This is gold, hahahahahahahahahahaha

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #2,485 of 3,927

I have infinite respect for Amir, his brain probably functions different and it is more "machine-like" seeking perfection than human... Due to his work I guess. His background can shadow any of us to shame probably

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #2,486 of 3,927
I have infinite respect for Amir, his brain probably functions different and it is more "machine-like" seeking perfection than human... Due to his work I guess. His background can shadow any of us to shame probably
His background is a shame. He was a head of a Microsoft Media Center department and everything Amir touched died.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #2,487 of 3,927
His background is a is a shame. He was a head of a Microsoft Media Center department and everything Amir touched died.
Yeah you said it, head of Microsft Media Center, HD-DVD etc.... No joke even if everything died haha I am a noone compared to him

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #2,488 of 3,927

This subjectivist/objectivist crap was solved in the 90s with the ascent of Stereophile and the Absolute Sound - when listeners realized that a "review" of components in Stereo Review was utterly worthless. Ie, Stereo Review reviews were merely a series of measurements coupled with commentary on a product's features.

Measurements help product developers move prototypes closer to commercial form, when they can be fine tuned by ear for commercial release. And once a product is in final form, measurements can help with the QA process. But for us civilian purchasers, only our ears matter.

I think this is a bit of a generational thing - younger listeners weren't alive for this and by and large don't have the listening experience to have learned it. ASR = Stereo Review 2.0 for younger generations.

Now get off my lawn, dagnabbit.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #2,489 of 3,927
This dac is not resolving or detailed in my system, but it is so engaging, I have been listening to the same album on shuffle repeat for the whole morning, didn't even realise. With the topping i would have had to pause everytime I try to concentrate while working. Not with this one. Who would have thought.

Jun 25, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #2,490 of 3,927
This subjectivist/objectivist crap was solved in the 90s with the ascent of Stereophile and the Absolute Sound - when listeners realized that a "review" of components in Stereo Review was utterly worthless. Ie, Stereo Review reviews were merely a series of measurements coupled with commentary on a product's features.

Measurements help product developers move prototypes closer to commercial form, when they can be fine tuned by ear for commercial release. And once a product is in final form, measurements can help with the QA process. But for us civilian purchasers, only our ears matter.

I think this is a bit of a generational thing - younger listeners weren't alive for this and by and large don't have the listening experience to have learned it. ASR = Stereo Review 2.0 for younger generations.

Now get off my lawn, dagnabbit.
Easy to say now, go there in their forum with all those dumb square heads and tell them, LOL. I was banned there with 3 different accounts, here they only make me temporal ban, or moderated comments, LOL. Over there I had no other chance than to insult the robots.

UPDATE: now, if you think those guys are crazy, go to Audiophile Style, there you have the worst of both worlds, the amir fans with the subjectivist 3000€ power cable fans. In that one after 2 minutes reading formulas, I decided to better not even register there. Podcast is fine though.

UPDATE2: speaker measurements not so bad.

1624620575669.png

1624620702367.png

Memes authorship: joseG86

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back