De'Mun / Bengkel Macro
Feb 10, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #258 of 282
  Just my 2 cents.... the Edimun V3 is VERY well worth the price of admission.  Even if you are an earbud skeptic, you will be blown away. The LODs are a very good choice too.

Yep, I know it's an old post, but just got one in my ears as of a couple hours ago, and oh wow it's amazing.  I still really like the SeaHF I bought off you, but this feels like the logical progression from there.  This might be the closest thing to perfect in earbud I've heard so far, reminding me of the Sennheiser HD700's sound signature.  There are buds that have a more preferable vocal quality, some that are more detailed, but everything about the Rhodium just works really well for my tastes so far off initial impressions.  Haven't tried Rachmaninoff yet, but that piano work is a challenge for anything.  And yeah I know, totally in the honeymoon period and I might notice flaws later, but for now it's very impressive.

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #259 of 282
One thing im noticing is how these earbuds are slowly creeping up in price lately. The Rhodium are now magically around $85, seems a little steep really.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #264 of 282
So my main complaint right now is having to use a 12v adapter. What I carry the most right now is USB @ 5v.  Is there a plan to make one that can use different batteries or charge via usb?

Only other thing I "miss" is a bass boost option. 

Mar 9, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #265 of 282
  So my main complaint right now is having to use a 12v adapter. What I carry the most right now is USB @ 5v.  Is there a plan to make one that can use different batteries or charge via usb?

Only other thing I "miss" is a bass boost option. 

Yeah, the lack of bass boost sucks. The newest version bmac still runs off a 9v battery, so probably not.

BUT, if you take the 9v battery out there is a HUGE empty space on the PCB. More than enough to slap on a cheap buck/boost to turn USB 5V into 12V. 

To be honest I am back to the cayin c5 these days cause I just want more output power 
redface.gif
 but I actually use the bMac as a tiny preamp now!

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #268 of 282
One thing im noticing is how these earbuds are slowly creeping up in price lately. The Rhodium are now magically around $85, seems a little steep really.

75$ at rholupat.com +12$ shipping worldwide.

Is it to steep ? Well yes and no. After all its a based of a cheap earbud but once you have it in your hands you will see where the extra $ went into. Considering the materials used + the labour of making each earbud i think its still fairly priced. Since sound is subjective i dont count that into the price.

Disclosure. I own a edimun v3

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #269 of 282
75$ at rholupat.com +12$ shipping worldwide.

Is it to steep ? Well yes and no. After all its a based of a cheap earbud but once you have it in your hands you will see where the extra $ went into. Considering the materials used + the labour of making each earbud i think its still fairly priced. Since sound is subjective i dont count that into the price.

Disclosure. I own a edimun v3

Ive owned the Edimun, paid $70 shipped for them when they were first available. Which is roughly where they stand in price/performance. Id put the Blox B320 above them, which are around the same price to. Up around $85 unshipped is far to high imo. But whatever floats your boat :)

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #270 of 282
Yeah I paid $65 for my edimun and it is good but even 80 shipped i am gonna start steering people in other directions.

Ive actually been trying to give it away to friends who aren't already earbud fans to convert more people but nobody not into hi fi wants it. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back