Delivery times from Par-Metal?
Jan 11, 2010 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

steinba

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered two series 20 cases from Par-Metal a couple of weeks ago, got the paypal bill in my e-mail, paid it and haven't heard a thing from them since.

I've tried getting hold of them by e-mail, but without success. I searched the forums and got the impression that this is "normal". I'm in Norway, so calling them is possible, but a bit of a hassle. I will, but wanted to check with you guys first, if it's really necessary.

Is it normal that standard enclosures from them take a couple of weeks without any status updates? If so, I'm not too concerned, since with that and shipping to Norway could take some time.

So: What are your experiences with delivery times on single enclosures from them? no custom work or anything.

They are a serious and trustworthy company, right? Too bad about the disconcerning radio silence, then.

Thanks!

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #2 of 9
2-4 weeks and no communication seems to be the standard operating proceedure unfortunately. I only order from their Ebay webstore now and even there I've had mixed results. At least that way I have a direct way to apply pressure (paypal claims process).

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I'll just wait a bit longer, then. Shame, really. How hard is it really to answer to an e-mail?

They are a relatively small company so I suspect it's a matter of volume vs. staff unfortunately.

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I'll just wait a bit longer, then. Shame, really. How hard is it really to answer to an e-mail?

From what I gather they are a super small company. When you get the same person answering the phone each and every time you call that usually means it is a small shop. The lady who answer is very nice and she even personally called me when they shipped the case, course I asked if she could notify me when it ships.

Jan 11, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 9
I tried emailing at least 3-4 times over 3 weeks, I had no response. In the end I called and got on to someone straight away and placed an order.
Two weeks later I was emailed to let me know the item had shipped, the email oddly came from one of the staff's private email addresses, it also did not include an invoice or copy of the order, so I'm still crossing my fingers they've got it right as I have nothing on paper to prove otherwise.
Having to call from overseas is really not great, not having proof that you ordered correctly also is a big concern also I find it really strange that a company like this has not embraced email.
Small company or not there's no excuses for bad management.

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 9
I've had similar experiences where I've ordered, heard nothing for a few weeks, then got my cases. The good news is that they eventually take care of the order.

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #9 of 9
FA - it’s a pain in the tush to call overseas, it’s easier for you local chaps.
tongue_smile.gif
I’ll wait to pass further judgment, the lady I ordered from was very helpful - no gripes there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back