Delivery of Headstage Arrow HE 4G
Mar 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #333 of 357
Mine just arrived yesterday.  Took about a week from order to shipment received here in Southern California.  Shipped from a California location.

Now that I have it, I'm looking to replace the interconnect.  Right now it's the only one I have that mates perfectly with my Cowon S9.  Two others I have of a better quality unfortunately don't have an L shaped plug and they're 4 1/2" long with thick cabling.  This makes the possibility of "dual locking" out of the question as the headphone jack on my player is almost perfectly in-line with the 4Gs' "input" jack and the thickness of the cable won't bend back on itself in such a short space comfortably.  Consequently I have to have the 2 devices off-center of each other when attempting to stack them.

Are there any upgrade recommendations for a 3.5 to 3.5 "L" shaped interconnect (1" to 2" preferably)?  Most of the pictures here on thread all use an LOD which is not an option on the Cowons or my next purchase, the ColorFly C3/CK4 which have "headphone out" jacks only?

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #334 of 357
If I had read this thread before I ordered I may not have done so. Which would have been a shame as I would have missed out on what so far seems to be the best thing to happen to my set up in ages. From my initial email asking some questions I have received prompt (allowing for the time difference) informative replies. I have sent  several emails. Some asking slightly ill informed questions. All have been answered courteously. I ordered and then asked Robert to try and send ASAP as I am going on holiday on Saturday. I received the amp yesterday. In good time for my holiday and some extended listening. I cannot fault my experience of dealing with Robert. 
smile.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #335 of 357
It is a great sounding amp for its size and the feature that it offers is something that we cannot find on amps price higher than arrow my quiet a margin. 

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #337 of 357
Quote:
If I had read this thread before I ordered I may not have done so. Which would have been a shame as I would have missed out on what so far seems to be the best thing to happen to my set up in ages. From my initial email asking some questions I have received prompt (allowing for the time difference) informative replies. I have sent  several emails. Some asking slightly ill informed questions. All have been answered courteously. I ordered and then asked Robert to try and send ASAP as I am going on holiday on Saturday. I received the amp yesterday. In good time for my holiday and some extended listening. I cannot fault my experience of dealing with Robert. 
smile.gif

where u headed? I'm of to holiday today, skiing for a week

Mar 31, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #343 of 357
In terms of size, feature, battery life and charge time arrow is a clear winner. In terms of sound you have more option adjust the sound with arrow so in that case it will win but if you leave it at default it is difficult to declare a winner. I would recommend C4 because it is is cheaper and sound the same and it will be a lot easier to obtained. Arrow sometimes require a month of waiting in order for you to get it.

I have been using my C4 ever since I have got it, due to the 2 Ohm output the lowest impedance recommend for this amp is 16 ohm however arrow is said to adjust its output impedance based on what is connected to it however I do not know how good of a job it does. 

Quote:
Y
You have them both?
That'll be great!
Thanks!

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #344 of 357
In terms of size, feature, battery life and charge time arrow is a clear winner. In terms of sound you have more option adjust the sound with arrow so in that case it will win but if you leave it at default it is difficult to declare a winner. I would recommend C4 because it is is cheaper and sound the same and it will be a lot easier to obtained. Arrow sometimes require a month of waiting in order for you to get it.

I have been using my C4 ever since I have got it, due to the 2 Ohm output the lowest impedance recommend for this amp is 16 ohm however arrow is said to adjust its output impedance based on what is connected to it however I do not know how good of a job it does. 

Thanks for that.

They both have bass boost, right? How do they each sound with bass boost on?

Also, do you know whether the Arrow has more power than the C5?

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #345 of 357
Quote:
Thanks for that.

They both have bass boost, right? How do they each sound with bass boost on?

Also, do you know whether the Arrow has more power than the C5?

The bass is very subjective some might find the C5 bass too much some might find it enough. On paper arrow meant to have more bass than C5 on its highest setting to my ears C5 has lot more bass than arrow . On both the  bass is very tight and punchy but the bass quantity is more on C5. 

I will need to double check the arrow for its power as I never used it on the highest gain setting but based on memory I think C5 and arrow are the same. But arrow wins on battery life on its highest setting. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back