Delivery of Headstage Arrow HE 4G
Mar 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #301 of 357
Quote:
While I agree the wait is worth it however poor customer service is an important factor for people. The bottom long is how long wait is too long? I was among the lucky few who got their unit within 7 days of ordering however truth be told I would not like waiting more than a month for something I have paid for.

I order one unit last feb 25 and until now it hasn't arrive yet i tried to email them if they shipped it already and no answer but they changed the status on it to arrow 4G last week so i been waiting for it since then 

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #302 of 357
Actually I can imagine the frustration as well - but I'll play devils advocate here ...... how can you say it's not worth it if you haven't heard it (not listed in your profile).

Personally - even if I had to wait 4-5 months - I'd still be ordering it.  And IMO it's definitely worth the wait.

I did mention that based on the reviews, it is a good amp. But I'm not that patient to wait. Just like with audio gear, my excitement with one brand and model may not be that great for others. I have read great reviews on the amp and I believe the reviews. Waiting for a long period of time may be fine by me but I need updates...can't be waiting in the dark. I see that you're a fan of the arrow. Cool!:wink:

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #303 of 357
While I agree the wait is worth it however poor customer service is an important factor for people. The bottom long is how long wait is too long? I was among the lucky few who got their unit within 7 days of ordering however truth be told I would not like waiting more than a month for something I have paid for.

I myself don't mind waiting specially knowing that it's a good amp. But you got it there...customer service is key. Need an answer, a day or two is still fine by me.

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #305 of 357
Quote:
Dont bother with fast shipping, he posts all his stuff with DHL express anyway. Dont quote me on this but I think he normally waits untill he has 5/6 orders and he than request the assembly folks to make him the arrow 4G, he almost never has them in stock in Germany.

The wait is worth it, just be patient. I got lucky as I ordered mine during the holiday seasons, he had them in stock. I freaking love mine. 

Well, i ordered a refurbished unit, so no need to build it, and before i ordered, i asked if he has them. And he said to have it in a week. and after that week the status changed to "arrow 4G" and he had said it will take 2-5 days to get here after that. it's been a week from that, and it hasn't even shipped to me. He's just downright lying to his customers.

(edit: I'm thinking the status actually means that the unit is done/made/exsist, and not that it's shipped)

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #306 of 357
Quote:
Well, i ordered a refurbished unit, so no need to build it, and before i ordered, i asked if he has them. And he said to have it in a week. and after that week the status changed to "arrow 4G" and he had said it will take 2-5 days to get here after that. it's been a week from that, and it hasn't even shipped to me. He's just downright lying to his customers.

same here and he hasnt even reply to me , I dont even know if i would be receiving it this week or next week

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #307 of 357
The problem here is not the wait or turn around time, it's the disrespect shown to customers. If Robert had told his customers that the wait will be X amount of weeks no matter how long that is, we would be fine with it. But inconsistent reports, sometimes wrong information and sometimes no communication at all are what make us mad. So please those who want to defend Robert should stop saying that it's worth the wait. I agree it is. It's a fine amp but this does not mean that customers should be treated like a piece of c... 

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #308 of 357
I finally received my 4G Arrow in yesterday's mail.  It's been so long since I've listened to my old 2G (that I sent back to Headstage for the 4G upgrade), that I don't feel right giving a real comparison other than to generically say the 4G outperforms the 2G in every way sonically, at least marginally, IMHO.  Am I still peeved about the service when dealing w/ Headstage?  Yes, I am.  This WILL be the last time I deal with them; I am just too damn impatient, I know this about myself.  I'm just not meant to deal w/ companies that aren't capable of more reasonable (to me) turn-around times.  Of course, YMMV.

Mar 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #309 of 357
the spoiled cry-babies of the western civilization

i waited 3,5 months for my 4G to arrive

was i happy ? not.

but these are 1st world problems - besides the amp kicks ass , so i am very happy to have a 4G upgrade for such a small amount of money

I mean , would i be more happy , having received a much inferior amp in 3 -5 days ?

chill and enjoy.

and if i ever need a new one/upgrade , it's Arrow again all the way

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #310 of 357
Quote:
the spoiled cry-babies of the western civilization

i waited 3,5 months for my 4G to arrive

was i happy ? not.

but these are 1st world problems - besides the amp kicks ass , so i am very happy to have a 4G upgrade for such a small amount of money

I mean , would i be more happy , having received a much inferior amp in 3 -5 days ?

chill and enjoy.

and if i ever need a new one/upgrade , it's Arrow again all the way

I think you're missing the point. They weren't babies. Some people waited months and months. Some longer than you, for a product. I remember hearing of people having waited a year for a 4G. The manufacturer was basically unreachable and no one had any idea if they were even going to get a product. This is why this thread was created. It's usefulness is much less necessary since the launch of the 4G

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #311 of 357
Mar 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #313 of 357
Its not a western thing. Willing to wait. Communication is missing. If you can wait that long without being rightfully updated, kudos to your patience and resilience.

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #314 of 357
By now i would be thinking it's a scam, and would be getting my money back trough paypal(45days to report) if it wasn't for this thread. well not quite yet, but within 45days of payment. What i'm saying is that if someone doesn't know much about this company, it looks like a scam.

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #315 of 357
if you are a member here , you know how good the man is - but you have a point

maybe he should have a link or two from threads here in his website page - that way potential customers will know he is not a scammer (those without any head-fi.org experience at least)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back