Delivery of Headstage Arrow HE 4G
Jul 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #226 of 357
Thats a Line Out Dock (LOD), it does NOT come with the amp and that specific LOD looks like a Fiio L9 which is around $10 in the US.
Quote:
If I may ask.. what is that cable attachment fr4om the source to the amp? Does this come with the amp by any chance? Is there a name for that cable? I need one

Jul 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #227 of 357
Quote:
If I may ask.. what is that cable attachment fr4om the source to the amp? Does this come with the amp by any chance? Is there a name for that cable? I need one

Oh and secondly, what were you up to exactly that gave you low level Tinitus and slight hearing loss (please ignore that if that is too personal for you.. just curious :)

The cable is a Fiio L9 LOD - it's low profile, and cheap - and works really well.  I also have a higher priced custom made LOD - but I can't tell any difference sonically - and the Fiio is a better fit.

Re the tinnitus - my ears were perfect.  About 15 years ago (I was around 30) my wife's boss invited us out to a concert.  I didn't take ear plugs, and the concert was indoors.  It was Jimmy Barnes, and those who've been to his concerts know that he's a bit of a screamer - and (unknown to me at the time) the whole band plays really loud anyway.  Funny thing is - I don't even like Jimmy Barnes - but it was my wife's boss, so we couldn't really say no.  The venue was a low ceiling 'club'.  Only about 2-300 people I think.  It was unbelievably loud.  When we left the venue 2 hours later I couldn't hear a thing, and knew I'd damaged my hearing.  After 3 days my hearing came back - but with permanent low-level ringing.  I've also lost a little high-freq hearing.

The organisers should be shot anyway - too loud in a closed environment.  I still take great enjoyment listening to music though - but I definitely wish that one event had never happened.

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #228 of 357
It's an iPod line out dock (LOD).

Whoops, already answered much more thoroughly
smile.gif

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #229 of 357
I am enjoying the Arrow and look forward to Headphonia's DAC cable.

Jul 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #230 of 357
DAC arrived and I look forward to using it. 
smile.gif

I learned that you need to stay on the case regarding Robert's delivery. After ordering, the following day the order was noted as shipped on Headphonia's site. I remained patient for three weeks, then along the way sent a few emails asking about a tracking number. No response.

Eventually, it seemed like the order wasn't going to arrive, so I started a resolution case with PayPal. Robert immediately responds to it asking if I didn't get any of his emails. He claims the order will arrive in a day or so. I ask a question back via Pay Pal resolution center and get no response. Five days later via regular postal mail the cable arrived from the California location. Had I not made the resolution case at PayPal, I'd still be waiting and wondering.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #231 of 357
Brooko

Thanks for the feedback. Managed to use that info to locate the same cable in the UK... Great!. save me some   expenses there. Did some digging around, changes in wire quality affect sound minimally thus i doubt much difference between reasonable copper and expensive silver varieties.

Also sorry to hear about the hearing issues.. if your wife and boss wernt similarly affected you must have sat in some resonance zone unfortunately. For what its worth, if I concentrate hard enough Im pretty sure Id detect a constant  hi pitch ringing.. but I thought this was fairly normal and most of the time I dont sense it at all. Ive also burst my left drum twice but I dont think this has altered my hearing perception more than say 1db maybe. I think ears do heal although inner canal "hairs" once damaged dont grow back quickly at all.

All the best

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #232 of 357
Update, Im not in any hurry because I havnt got my Merlins yet.. but was a bit peeved to look online after two weeks waiting to see that  despite paying, my order is logged on the website as cancelled.. Cmon guys the delivery schedule is a bit excessive. What seems to be the problem? are you making these units to order? Seems like it, in which case may I suggest, you have enough ground swell to actively increase production and spend some money marketing and promoting reviews all over the web.  Seems to me like we have techies with poor business sense. Its not a game changer but it does irritate your fans.... its not good.

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #233 of 357
OK finally got it.. man this thing is good, the sound it brings out is exceptional. Worth the wait... took it out for a spin today with my new Merlins ..Incredible clean unbiased sound delivery . Awesome piece of kit. Check it out..

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #234 of 357
Quote:
OK finally got it.. man this thing is good, the sound it brings out is exceptional. Worth the wait... took it out for a spin today with my new Merlins ..Incredible clean unbiased sound delivery . Awesome piece of kit. Check it out..

which generation is it?
it doesn't look like 4th gen

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #235 of 357
It better be a 4th Gen.. I just got it. In fact when I compare to other reviews I know its a 4G because  of the red dot and the fact that the options are profgressive not at ends of the scale e.g. for bass increases.

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #236 of 357
Ordered my arrow 4 in November and I just got them through Robert directly. We went to a back alley way , I paid him cash and he handed me the good.

Joking aside, I met Robert and his mum in Hong Kong 2 mins ago. He is heading to dongguan china to the factory to get the rest of the amps. Very nice fellow , and repeatedly told me to let him know if anything wrong happens to the amp. I'm sure they are going to be shipped out to the rest of you fellows soon.

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #237 of 357
That's the craziest, most unique way to get an amp! Wow. How nuts that you actually got to meet Robert, and receive your amp that way...

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #239 of 357
So it seems to be the case that Robert has the amp in stock. So I went ahead and ordered one last night. Those of you guys who ordered it recently, are you able to give me an update on how long did it take you to receive your amp ? 

Thanks 

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #240 of 357
Quote:
So it seems to be the case that Robert has the amp in stock. So I went ahead and ordered one last night. Those of you guys who ordered it recently, are you able to give me an update on how long did it take you to receive your amp ? 

Thanks 

Got it within one week and I can say with ease the best purchase I have made since ER4S. Worth EVERY single cent. I got it with DHL, right on sunday morning! My only regret was why I did not buy 2 battery for the sake of it. 

Thinking of buying another just in case Robert decided to leave amp making business. Sure his communication was in my case non-existence (sent two email) but as promised on my pre-order email the item arrived right before new year! 

I can promise you if this was any other company the unit will be priced easily around 300-400 region. Best synergy I ever had with my ER4S and CK100pro! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back