Delivery of Headstage Arrow HE 4G
Feb 24, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #106 of 357

Quote:
I sent in my payment 6 days ago and received an email yesterday telling me my amp will ship around the 10th of March. I'm stoked!!!

I pulled the trigger after I read this.
To those who received theirs, do you recall the different steps in the processing of your order? Mine went from "Pending" to "Order processing" during the same day, but what's next? I guess this could help during the wait :)

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #107 of 357

Quote:
To those who received theirs, do you recall the different steps in the processing of your order? Mine went from "Pending" to "Order processing" during the same day, but what's next? I guess this could help during the wait :)

I haven't received mine yet, but I believe the next step is just 'Arrow 4G' which supposedly means that that the shipping label is printed and the unit is in line to be shipped out. For my part it has been stuck on this step for a couple of months...

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #108 of 357
@clabbe thanks! I think that their is quite a full stack of amps to be shipped before mine, so I won't expect to get it before 1 or 2 months. Let's hope that the 9-month-wait time is gone!

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #109 of 357
You guys are killing me with your heady optimism and patience - if your amps are shipped on time I'll eat my proverbial hat.

Great amp + atrocious customer service + inordinate wait times =  delusional optimism.

deadhorse.gif

P.S. Hope I'm wrong and you do receive your amps in a timely fashion. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #111 of 357
Well, the waiting is not all bad. At least not for me. During the five months I've been waiting, I have not laid down a significant amount of cash on anything else hifi-related, since waiting for a new toy completely annihilates the urge to get another one. This long wait has probably saved me for thousands of dollars
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: typso

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #115 of 357

Quote:
NVM - Rob is quick to refund, but nowhere to found on any other request but that.

I decided to test drive his responsiveness to emails yesterday :)

If anyone can answer them, here are my questions:
1/ Is the amp shipped from Germany, or from the US? This make a big difference to me as I live in France, and shipping from Germany would avoid custom taxes.
2/ If I listen to the amp while USB cable is plugged in, does it by-pass the battery? (so I could use it all day long at the office without shortening the battery life)

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #116 of 357

Quote:
I decided to test drive his responsiveness to emails yesterday :)

If anyone can answer them, here are my questions:
1/ Is the amp shipped from Germany, or from the US? This make a big difference to me as I live in France, and shipping from Germany would avoid custom taxes.
2/ If I listen to the amp while USB cable is plugged in, does it by-pass the battery? (so I could use it all day long at the office without shortening the battery life)

It's shipped from California.

I'm not sure, but given how well the power circuitry is designed, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #117 of 357
I just placed an order for headstage 4G 2 weeks ago. Also hope that I can make it for the 10mar batch. I have read comments that people waited as long as 9months before they could get their Headstage amp. This sounds a bit crazy. Is the 4G worth the wait? I haven't receive any email stating that I'll be getting my amp during the mar batch.

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #119 of 357
It's shipped from California.

I'm not sure, but given how well the power circuitry is designed, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Thanks for the information, but... I just received an email from Robert stating that my amp would be shipped from Germany 2 weeks from now! That's very good news for me, and I hope that everyone will get his amp soon!

And darthcodeman, you were right about the power circuitry: the battery stops charging when full.

Mar 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #120 of 357
I have to say to anyone who is looking for an amp to drive TripleFi 10s, the 4G Arrow should be given serious consideration. I decided to throw them on at random after not using them for almost a year, and wow! This amp really brings up the bass, expands the soundstage and improves clarity. Treble remains good and clean as has always been the case with TF10, but the added fullness of sound is nothing short of amazing - So much so that they exceed Westone 4 for SQ and I'm going to start using them as my commuting phones instead. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back