Delicious yet nutritious breakfast meals?
Aug 10, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
PAH wheres the black pudding, fruit pudding, the chips and the scramble?
600smile.gif

The full english breakfasts is one of the most horrible things for anyone to try and co-ordinate cooking by themselves and do well. Youd also suffer less of a weight problem if you ate a whole walrus.

By all the gods below though, they are so good.
biggrin.gif

The trick is do the meat first, sausages usually be the first thing in the grill/pan, and the Egg is always last. Have the bread in the toaster ready to be push down when the egg starts cooking. But at the end when everything comes together, you really need about 2 extra hands to put everything in the plate before they all get cold.

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #18 of 39
Well your "delicious" isn't going to be the same as mine, but here's what I have for breakfast every day:
- oatmeal with a dash of cinammon and honey
- banana
- apple
- piece of wheat bread with a thin spread of jam

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
That breakfast set me back $10 lol

It has

Egg
2 x Bacon
1 slice of fried bread
beans
Tomatos
Mushrooms
Hashbrown
2 sausages

There was also some toasts but i just couldn't eat it all.

raymondlin, now that's good eating. Personally I would add something sweet to the plate as well. Maybe a slathering of jam or a few donut holes.
cool.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #21 of 39
2 slices of meat lover's pizza cold
mountain dew
bag of chips.
yummy

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #24 of 39
Oh dear lord!!

I looked at that pic of an English classic breakfast... I want it sooo much. It's been about 10 years since I last had one when I left the UK. I love the greasy spoon brekky more than any meal in the whole wide world *sigh*

Sorry guys. You can keep your healthy crap, give me the heart attack on a plate any day. YUMMMM!!!!
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #25 of 39
The Weetabix had me curious. I found that you can buy it stateside here:

http://www.englishteastore.com/briti...re-cereal.html

A bit expensive from being imported, though, and we've got a similar cereals over here.

As for my breakfast, if I have one, it's usually a piece of fruit (apple, banana, or whatever is in season) and/or a bagel. I love bagels. On weekends when I have time to cook, I'll sometimes make pancakes from scratch, eggs, bacon, and pick up some fruit. But more often than not, it's just black coffee for breakfast.

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #26 of 39
I try to eat a healthy breakfast most of the time. I usually have oatmeal with honey, toast with orange marmalade, and Earl Grey tea with honey and lemon juice.

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys
granola, yogurt and berries in a cup.

add in some flax seed and you're made!

When im in my healthy phase, thats what i'll eat, and throw in a toasted bagel with low fat cottage cheese!

Aug 10, 2006 at 9:25 AM Post #28 of 39
I like to have about 4-5 hard cooked egg whites , 1/4 - 1/2 cup old fashioned style oatmeal with a about a tsp. of honey and a splash of 1% milk, a Dannon fit and lively yogurt, maybe a slice of whole wheat toast with a thin spread of Smuckers No Sugar added jam and a coffee.

Aug 10, 2006 at 9:30 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
The Weetabix had me curious. I found that you can buy it stateside here:

http://www.englishteastore.com/briti...re-cereal.html

A bit expensive from being imported, though, and we've got a similar cereals over here.

As for my breakfast, if I have one, it's usually a piece of fruit (apple, banana, or whatever is in season) and/or a bagel. I love bagels. On weekends when I have time to cook, I'll sometimes make pancakes from scratch, eggs, bacon, and pick up some fruit. But more often than not, it's just black coffee for breakfast.

You can buy it at Kroger and I think Wal-Mart here.

Aug 10, 2006 at 9:30 AM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
Sausages, eggs, hash browns and a bun. You gots your protein, you gots your carbs, you even got potato, so there's healthy veggies. What's not nutritious?

When I'm feeling good, though, I have porridge, with a light dusting of brown sugar. Yum.

A potato isn't a really healthy vegetable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back