Delicious yet nutritious breakfast meals?
Aug 9, 2006 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Matt L.

New Head-Fier
Anyone know of any very delicious, yet somewhat nutritious, breakfast meals?

I know if you have a whole wheat tortilla, a banana, and some yogurt or cream and you put cream on the tortilla and wrap it around the banana, it's nutritious.

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 39
Sausages, eggs, hash browns and a bun. You gots your protein, you gots your carbs, you even got potato, so there's healthy veggies. What's not nutritious?

When I'm feeling good, though, I have porridge, with a light dusting of brown sugar. Yum.

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt L.
Anyone know of any very delicious, yet somewhat nutritious, breakfast meals?

I know if you have a whole wheat tortilla, a banana, and some yogurt or cream and you put cream on the tortilla and wrap it around the banana, it's nutritious.

smily_headphones1.gif

I would not eat the cream or yogurt.
Wheat tortilla = starch & fiber.
banana = starch.
Need some protien.
How about eating some egg whites. (Scoop out the yolks)
Maybe some fresh fruit too.
Now that's a breakfast of champions.

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 39
Tortilla!!!!

The Spanish one, which is basically a potato omelette with lots of veggies (eggplants, zucchinis and yellow papricas are particularly nice), sea food if you like (tuna is good and cheap), a sea of olive oil (extra vergine!), some oregano, some herbs de provence, and whatever is in the fridge that needs to be eaten.

Add a tomato mozzarella salad and you have an easily-prepared, tasty and extremely nutritious breakfast. Takes about 30-40min though because the potatoes need to be peeled. Add some guacamole and bread if you have the time, and perhaps some olives from the jar.

I think it's a culinary shame that most the time people think of the Mexican tortilla first, especially the supermarket implementations.

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
Sausages, eggs, hash browns and a bun. You gots your protein, you gots your carbs, you even got potato, so there's healthy veggies. What's not nutritious?

When I'm feeling good, though, I have porridge, with a light dusting of brown sugar. Yum.

Sounds like a recipe for a heart attack. Have you considered visiting a dietician?

Don't hate me, it's tough love.

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 39
Weetabix and tea. Maybe with half a banana sliced onto the Weetabix.
cool.gif

Never sprinkle sugar.

And Stew, im dissapointed, SALT goes on porriage, or if its a really cold winter day, a teaspoon of jam or marmalade.
lambda.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #10 of 39
to above post: Holy moly!
blink.gif

I usually have oatmeal with cinnamon, brown sugar, and raisins. Or an omelette stuffed with leftovers from other meals (such as chicken, ham, etc).

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #13 of 39
PAH wheres the black pudding, fruit pudding, the chips and the scramble?
600smile.gif

The full english breakfasts is one of the most horrible things for anyone to try and co-ordinate cooking by themselves and do well. Youd also suffer less of a weight problem if you ate a whole walrus.

By all the gods below though, they are so good.
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #15 of 39
It all looks tasty, I even like beans, they're just not considered a breakfast food over here across the pond. But I imagine biscuits and gravy would have a lot of people from other countries scratching their heads.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back