[deleted]
Nov 6, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #16 of 46
The DACPort for $30 more is well worth it. Better DAC, more power, underpriced. The Fulla is kinda the bare minimum. A clean source is worth looking into IMHO, though you can always upgrade later.

What headphones have you had in the past? Maybe that could help us understand what you want.

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #18 of 46
If it helps any, for reference, I've loved my Shure headphones a long time (SRH440, SRH940). I'm not sure where they range on this spectrum but I've liked their sound, just kinda wish they had some "depth" or "imaging" as some of you would put it I think, and some better "extension" into further down and further up ranges.

But maybe that'll give you an idea of the kind of sound signature I'm generally into.

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #19 of 46
The X2 might image better and have better depth, though the K7XX has the wider soundstage. Extension is better on the K, though the emphasis of the X might make it appear better extended. The DACPort is at the top of the price range, but the $20* more I would spend in a heartbeat, there's plenty of reviews of it with the K7XX vs. the Fulla. Not sure if there's reviews I've read with the X2.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #20 of 46
I have an akg k7xx. I'm perfectly content with the little setup I'm using, which happens to be 7db quieter than a schiit fulla. So, I can't imagine people not being content with the fulla; it would actually be slightly overkill for me.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #21 of 46
  I have an akg k7xx. I'm perfectly content with the little setup I'm using, which happens to be 7db quieter than a schiit fulla. So, I can't imagine people not being content with the fulla; it would actually be slightly overkill for me.

There is more to amplification than just volume.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #22 of 46
Hmmmm....

Throwing another contender out there...

Looking at all kinds of threads, many are saying that the K7XX and X2 are both pretty "risky" choices for those that like neutral because they're on opposite sides of the spectrum of neutral, the K7XX being on the bright side and the X2 being on the warm side.

Then I read about the HE400S which is a Planar Magnetic, apparently not quite as "laid back" as the HD600, not as "bright" as the K7XX, and not as "bassy" as the X2.

So I kinda want to throw the HE400S into this mix. Does anyone have an opinion?

Thanks!

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #23 of 46
It's a great choice, maybe only lacking in bass extension. Tyll recently gave it a big thumbs up on InnerFidelity. Idk if it needs an amp?

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #25 of 46
Ya know what that K7XX is gonna be gone a while once it's gone. I may just pull the trigger on it and figure out the details later. I read a lot of really good stuff about them. I can get an X2 or 400S later but who knows about the K7XX.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #26 of 46
Worst case, people resell the K7XX for like $240 lightly used :).

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #27 of 46
Yeah, you can always sell the K7xx if you don't like it, for more than what you paid too.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #28 of 46
Ha! I beat you! :p

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #29 of 46
You sure did.  
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back