Dekoni is Looking for Reviewers!
Oct 27, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #31 of 46
Did the OP ever post back or contact anybody? This feels kinda bogus :wink:

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #33 of 46
Thanks, I'm outta here.

Nov 13, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #35 of 46
I will receive dekoni pads for MDR-Z1R (for review), I didn't ask for a particular variation of the materials (I have been told, there are three dekoni pads). Ups has had an oopsie and they moved my delivery to monday.

Thanks @dekonifor shipping them to me on "the other side of the pond" (Europe)

At least we have @DekoniAudio as option for our HPs instead of having to deal with sony parts dealers. I was already thinking of buying replacement pads for my Z1R as the stock ones have been compressed and deformed and they've been causing me discomfort

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #36 of 46
Got the review pads, the full 4 for the MDR-Z1R, whew1 they came just before I go to trainings

Nov 16, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #38 of 46
Please let us know prices and where they can be bought in western europe. Enjoy listening. Best
Yeah I'll do that. I will do the review step by step. I found @Ichos review was posted too quickly, ok, they're pads that dont require burn in. And people complaining of a comfort based review instead sound quality-based.. I think here also applies, yheyre pads not a cable or a driver. Perhaps a minute change in SQ may be brought

Nov 16, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #40 of 46
@gerelmx1986

Not to quickly I assure you because I was the first of all to receive the pads.
The packaging (for each pad pair) feel worthy, I wasn't expecting a nice box actually hard and with a magnet to keep it closed, nice touch from @DekoniAudio

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #41 of 46
Hey Head-Fiers!

Dekoni is looking for users with the following equipment to review some of our products!

Owners of the following:
Sony MDR-Z1R
Focal Utopia/Clear/Elegia or equivalents
Sennheiser HD600/HD650/HD660/HD58X/HD6XX
Airpods Pro or IEM users who require very large ear tips
Bose 700
Sennheiser GSP500 or equivalent
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Sennheiser HD25

Another reviewer we are looking for is someone who needs to isolate themselves at home or work. We would like a few Head-Fiers to try our new earplug attenuator kit.

Some requirements are the following:
1. Be an active Head-Fi user
2. Have a few reviews on your account already
3. Allow us to cross post your review on our dekoniaudio.com blog

Send us a post message or comment below if you are interested.

Are you guys going to release earpads for the final D8000/Pro?

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #42 of 46
The packaging (for each pad pair) feel worthy, I wasn't expecting a nice box actually hard and with a magnet to keep it closed, nice touch from @DekoniAudio
The prices I saw on the website are as follows, prices in US Dollar

> elite velour 59.99
> Elite hybrid 99.99
> elite sheepskin w/perforations 79.99
> elite sheepskin 109.99

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #43 of 46
For the MDR-Z1R elite pads, no worries of having to struggle removing the attachment/mounting ring assy from the stock sony pads. One thing but is of no concern, the mounting rings from dekoni have no color-coded pimple (as to identify L and R pads) but the rings and cup receptacle are identical in L and R sides, sony was smart on that regard

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #44 of 46
All pads from dekoni clear up the big bass presence of the Z1R.

Velour and hybrid feature a similar signature, clean yet punchy th bobbing bass and nice airy details.
Non-perforsted sheepskin, a reference flat tuned signature.
Fenestrated sheepskin, harsh sounding MDR-Z1R, it totally annihilates the bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back