Dekoni Audio: Audio Technica Pads
Jul 8, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #16 of 22
Really am interested on getting this, anyone with AD1000x can comment on how it feels plus the sound?

Jul 9, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #17 of 22
Really am interested on getting this, anyone with AD1000x can comment on how it feels plus the sound?
I ordered and put the fenestrated pads on my AD900X. I'm really not happy with them in any way. The material is stiff and irritating, just like in the photo here. And looking at the FR graphs they posted, you seem to lose bass with most pad models... I've been way happier with the $30 sheepskin pads I've been getting on Ebay, concerning comfort and cost, at least. With any leather pad, I feel there is a loss in soundstage, compared to the stock pads.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #18 of 22
How about the velour one? Have you tried that?

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #19 of 22
Our velour is a soft, tightly woven, high thread count velour, with very short and soft “fuzz.” We find it less itchy than the stock velour, and the memory foam has more give to it (but it starts slightly thicker than stock to balance that out), but of course it will be subjective whether you will prefer it or not in the same sense that some people prefer leather, or like/hate suede and like/hate microfiber.

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jul 30, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #20 of 22
Which stock velour? The Ad500-900 ones or the 1000-2000?

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #21 of 22
The stock pads are too small and too shallow. Do these keep the same dimensions? if not, can I use other dekoni pads and put them on the AD series?
for reference, sennheiser HD599 fits perfectly, but my ears touch the inside of the HD600 series.

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #22 of 22
Hi Sikidhart,

Each pad group is made to the model (for connection point) so 599 won't work on ad series or even on hd600 series. These are very similar to stock though in that regard. The only plus vs stock as far as sizing is that the foam melts in and is dense, so you might get a little further (they hold well with clamp force I mean to say)

Thx,

-Sam

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back