deffective hippo vb
Aug 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

b-rad

New Head-Fier
hello all, having trouble with a pair of VB that arrived last week. right out of the box i noticed that the left speaker was not right. i believe im having the same issue i've read about other's having (but hoped i wouldnt experience). the left side sounds very different from the right side and it sounds unbalanced to me. i have verified this by swapping the phones to the opposite ear, and can even identify the DUD earphone by blindly inserting them without checking for L or R sides..(hope that makes sense)
my first pair of VB were the original design and i loved them. was hoping for a similar experience. this however, is not what i was hoping for from a product in this price level.
before i go and send these back, is there a "fix" for this?
the biggest problem im having is contacting the retailer. these were ordered through jaben online. i have sent several emails and gotten NO response from them. i dont want to just send them back to them without having spoken to someone first, and im worried about the cost of return shipping to naples FL to singapore! has anyone had success in getting anything exchanged through jaben from the US?

thanks in advance
brad

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 5
Sorry to hear that.

I've absolutely had it with Hippo VB after reading this. You're around the 7th person who's had this problem I've heard of in six months and others before that too. There's no fix for it unfortunately the only thing you can try is using different tips to get a better seal, but owning a faulty pair once myself found it doesn't cure the problem 100% and I understand it's more than frustrating.

As for contacting them you can try their facebook page, but I would look for a Jaben Store in your country or closest and ring them directly for instructions. Don't bother with a replacement pair unless you really really want too, because this is simply ridiculous!! The amount of defects VB have Jaben shouldn't even be selling them.

Go for something like Fisher Audio Eterna, (Jaben sell them) ask for an exchange as you don't trust VB anymore. Eterna have similar bass but make sure you read up on them before deciding.

I have a feeling it's something do to with the bass plates not being evenly made.

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 5
I appreciate the reply. And unfortunately it isn't related to the seal. I'm using comply foam tips, but for kicks I tried the rubber seals that come with the VB, and all of them have a noticeable difference in sound between left and right channels.
The first pair of phones I had were the eterna rev. 2, and I liked them. And purchased the VB a few years ago after reading great reviews on them. the VB is more what I'm looking for. Which is why I'm attempting to get a second pair lol.
Are there any other phones that sounds like the VB with the two dot plates on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 5
I appreciate the reply. And unfortunately it isn't related to the seal. I'm using comply foam tips, but for kicks I tried the rubber seals that come with the VB, and all of them have a noticeable difference in sound between left and right channels.
The first pair of phones I had were the eterna rev. 2, and I liked them. And purchased the VB a few years ago after reading great reviews on them. the VB is more what I'm looking for. Which is why I'm attempting to get a second pair lol.
Are there any other phones that sounds like the VB with the two dot plates on?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

You could try the Atrio MG7. it's the only other phone I know of that has similar bass amount's

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Just wanted to update this thread.. i was able to get in contact with Jaben through email (onlinesales@jaben.net) it does take a while to get a reply, but they replied to every email i sent. there were no questions asked about the deffective product, and a replacement pair was sent out in a timely fashion. thought i should report the positive experience in case anyone was hesitant to purchase from them in the future. i have ordered from them a few times now and am satisfied with their customer service.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back