Defective Monster Coppers?
Dec 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

chnsawBrutality

100+ Head-Fier
I just received my coppers from Amazon and I noticed one of the sides is kind of loose.. 

I can wiggle it a little, but it doesn't really seem like it'll fall apart.  Are any of yours like this?  Not sure if it's worth it to go through the trouble of returning them if it's no biggie and normal.

Here's a pic:  You see the red line going around the left side?  Well that part, and the silver part are apparantly two different pieces, and one of mine have a little wiggle room. The blue side is solid.  I can hear the red side click and I can feel it move if I wiggle the two pieces...

Should I just stop wiggling it, or contact Monster?

Dec 4, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 10
If you don't have a warranty for some reason (like you foolishly bought from amazon marketplace rather than amazon), then you have two choices:

1) a drop of superglue and you never have to think about it again

2) be like the dude who intentionally pulled his apart rather than using the warranty or a drop of superglue and then came here to cry and cry about it.

If you do the warranty, get the rma number by calling monster by phone and then only send in the earphones themselves (and the rma plus a copy of your receipt, obviously). Keep your eartips, cases, etc. When they send it back, you'll get a whole new set of accessories!

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
I've been trying to contact Monster since Monday and they're not answering emails or picking up the phones.

I may just return them to Amazon and get something else.

Don't bother e-mailing Monster or using the website, just call the customer service line.  I had an issue with my coppers and they handled my claim perfectly.  I was on hold for about 10 minutes (around 1pm EST I think) and once I had a rep on the line it was painless.  

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #10 of 10
I got the same generic email response that everyone else received. I called and they answered it
this time, it took about 15 minutes..

Anyways. I got my fedex shipping label and just sent them out. They didn't ask many questions which was strange, guess they're
getting a lot of returns lately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back