DECWARE and Grados...
Dec 20, 2010 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ArmAndHammer

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wanting to get some thoughts on Grados used with DECWARE amps. I have the SR325i's and I am heading in to my local DECWARE dealer soon to demo some stuff but just wanted to get some insight before hand.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 9

On paper, its OTL design would make it a less than ideal choice, but you might be surprised, the audio would is full of them thank goodness. Skylab has reported that some of his low impedance headphones did well with the Decware.  Let us know how it went!

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 9
Certainly will. Probably won't be for a month or so. I am actually in the market for a new DAC more than I am an amp so I am waiting for my dealer to get in the DECWARE DAC so I can demo that against my Keces and the Citypulse that he also stocks. I was just wondering about the amps too because those things are like art...I would love to have one sitting on my shelf. But of course only if it sounds the part too...lol

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:

On paper, its OTL design would make it a less than ideal choice, but you might be surprised, the audio would is full of them thank goodness. Skylab has reported that some of his low impedance headphones did well with the Decware.  Let us know how it went!

I'm pretty sure the mini torii does have an output transformer. "Proprietary Iron - Decware output transformers are a big factor in the fidelity of our amplifiers.  They are USA made from the best grain oriented silicon steel cores and best sounding copper magnet wire with careful interleaving for wide bandwidth."

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 9

Well the CSP2+ is OTL, and the Mini is only marketed toward HE and LCD2 owners really.  But like I said before, some OTLs are great with low Impedance cans, just not all of them.  

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:

Not all Decware are OTL. I use the CSP-2 on the LCD2 and it does very well but I did order a custom Taboo which is a 6W speaker amp that Steve put a headphone jack in for me and it is transformer. I will be using the CSP-2 as a preamp driving the Taboo with the LCD2 and also monitor speakers . So many of Decware amps like the Torri and the Taboo and others are not OTL.

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #7 of 9
Frank

How has the Taboo turned out with the headphone output?  Would love to hear how the LCD-2s pair with it. 

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:

Well the CSP2+ is OTL, and the Mini is only marketed toward HE and LCD2 owners really.  But like I said before, some OTLs are great with low Impedance cans, just not all of them.  

Mini Torri is a speaker amp marketed for speakers as is the Taboo. Rob had the first amp in the Torri and I in the Taboo. But decware sells these amps for high efficiency speakers and they do very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back