Decisions, decisions...
Mar 5, 2005 at 8:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

aeriyn

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I have a job now. Go me. I work at a bar that pretends to be an Irish pub even though no one who works there is even part Irish. lol I wash dishes and empty trashcans and clean, which is a lot better than serving drinks because I don't have to worry about dirty old men.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Unfortunately, I had to sell everything audio that I had to pay rent while I had not been working, except for my mini.

So, now that I have income again...

Should I come back to my original postwhoring self?

Or should I continue my self-imposed exile from head-fi in a vain attempt to keep more of the money I make?

Decisions, decisions...
icon10.gif

Mar 5, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
Or should I continue my self-imposed exile from head-fi in a vain attempt to keep more of the money I make?
:

You are asking addicts for advice.
blink.gif

Seriously, you should save first an amount that would keep you alive for 3 months in case of unemployment.
This will guaranty your freedom of choice if your boss or peers turn out to be dirty old men.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 6, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 20
My boss is a slightly chubby Japanese man who plays World of Warcraft and is an ex-EQ player. Needless to say, he rocks.

Mar 6, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #7 of 20
Oh, do come out of exile, my dear. We miss your witicisms and cute little avatar. And if you get ripped off again, we'll all chip in. Promise.
icon10.gif

Mar 6, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #8 of 20
Head-fi is the the destroyer of the green. If you want to stay, you're gonna have to pony up. Not to us, but to that shiny new cd player you will be getting. Even if you don't know it yet.

Mar 6, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Head-fi is the the destroyer of the green. If you want to stay, you're gonna have to pony up. Not to us, but to that shiny new cd player you will be getting. Even if you don't know it yet.

I hate you all. *cry* I will never see a fat bank account ever again! All my money are belong to headfi. *cry*

lol, sure why not.

Mar 6, 2005 at 1:30 PM Post #10 of 20
Upgrade.

It's a sign. The headfi gods wanted you to get rid of your old setup.

Why they let you keep the mini, I will never know.

Mar 6, 2005 at 2:36 PM Post #11 of 20
Hey, in a pinch do what I do: Besides convincing people to buy my artwork(which I've never done, personally) Save up some bank, just a little, and get the basics covered with the cheapest bang-for-the-buck components you can. The most basic for me? SR60's + MP3/CD player that uses rechargeables! It's what I've got now, and you'll not hear a complaint from me, unless something goes horribly wrong-I've only had to send in the Grados for repair once, and now I need new rechargeables two years after purchase. It's an easy way to balance the line between HeadFi member and HeadFi addict
biggrin.gif

Good times!
rs1smile.gif
Abe
P.S.- Don't cry~~~dry your eye!!!
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
blink.gif

Seriously, you should save first an amount that would keep you alive for 3 months in case of unemployment.

Good advice. Just keep one foot in head-fi and hold your pink wallet away from the computer's view. Music is peace; Art, Photography is peace; we need more of it.

I decided to go away to Seattle and forgot how much I missed being there with the music. I used to burn lots of mixes for my friends at work; now I'm back doing it, along with my photography. People that are into the arts, music, photography are just in a better space.

Now I'm afraid I may have to go over to Japan and get into yet another type of music
music-smiley-024.gif

Mar 6, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
blink.gif

This will guaranty your freedom of choice if your boss or peers turn out to be dirty old men.
very_evil_smiley.gif

This is great advice. We all want you to return, but do not want to see you have sell all your gear off again. Take small steps in buying gear, save some money and keep posting.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2005 at 9:16 PM Post #15 of 20
You've got a head start now - surely now you've learned enough to know what headphone system you should buy that will keep you satisfied...

Until you're rich.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back