1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Decision time... 3 IEM Battle?! (Westone 3, IE8, SM3)

1. aznritard
    Help, and copious amounts of it...

Like the title says I'm about to make my decision on my (to be) final universal iem purchase. I am going unamped (for now until I can get the cash for a nice amp) but basically I want this to be one of my last universal iems before I go custom.

To give you guys a better look at what I'm looking for in these iems here's my previous post which helped me narrow it down to these 3:

Quote:

Essentially, this just about sums it up.
    There will be a poll (but I've heard from many that they're quite unreliable) so please post in the thread with pros/cons, or at least a reason WHY you think that particular iem is best.

And lastly... does anyone know where I can get these for cheaper than $350 USD?  My budget was 300 and people did recommend these and I have no clue how 350 = 300 =\
    I am going up to university this august so I am rather restrained on my budget don't want to overdo it...

Once again thanks everyone here at Head-fi you guys really know your sound! =)

2. aznritard
    *routine bump*
    Rather short on time =\

3. aznritard
    *daily bump* Waiting for just a little more poll results.

4. mark2410 Contributor
  5. aznritard

Quote:

I do know that the ie8 are known for having relatively (comparatively) poor isolation but I was veering a bit towards the sm3's as I can find them for 300 usd, where can I get the ie8's for less than 350?

And how is the sound signature when compared to the sm3's?

And lastly, have you heard of soundearphones.com? are they reliable?

6. aznritard
    And thanks everyone for the votes/reply's! I'm really grateful, just about a week longer and I'll be making my purchase!

7. aznritard
    Ah screw it I can't resist, going to purchase Earsonics SM3 today! =)

Thanks to Soundearphones.com

Thanks to everyone here on head-fi.org

I'll be posting my first thoughts and whatnot soon enough ~