Deciding on a gaming headphone - Hi 2050, SE-A1000, ... - (Competitive FPS)
Sep 25, 2013 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Flumphy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I want to buy another headphone for gaming. Right now I have the Superlux 668B.
So far I'm thinking about these two:

• SE-A1000 
  • Takstar Hi 2050
  • DT 770 ? DT 990 PRO ? 

Which is the best for competitive fps gaming (footstep listening and positioning)?
And are there other good options?

I might sped a little more on something like an Beyerdynamic DT 770, but they are close and I like an open headphone. I believe the DT 990 PRO is an open headphone?

Soundcard will be something like Xonar DG or Creative Sound Blaster Z.

Greetings,

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #2 of 7
I would think you would want to get the Audio Technical ATH-AD700, for FPS gaming.
Maybe find the best price on a used AD700.

And get the Sound Blaster Z, if with in your budget.

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #4 of 7
  I would think you would want to get the Audio Technical ATH-AD700, for FPS gaming.
Maybe find the best price on a used AD700.

And get the Sound Blaster Z, if with in your budget.

Right now I have the problem that my WLAN adapter takes up my only PCIe slot.
  the hd681 evo for me were very good for gaming. The soundstage is more than adequate.

It's definitely like wallhacks for your ears in CS:GO.

Have you tried other headphones? To compare? Are they open headphones? (So you can hear yourself talk etc)

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #5 of 7
SE A1000 vs HI-2050
http://www.head-fi.org/t/677868/pioneer-se-a1000-vs-takstar-hi-2050-open-headphones

Pioneer's soundstage is bigger but it is not as precise as Takstar's. Pioneers are also 'veiled' then they are smooth sounding and easy to listen but not detail monsters. To me, HI-2050 is the way to go between this two headphones (for gaming)

I used to play counter strike some time ago. I've found my steelseries 4H to be very good for this kind of games. Not good for music.

Best Luck!

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 7

Right now I have the problem that my WLAN adapter takes up my only PCIe slot.

Have you tried other headphones? To compare? Are they open headphones? (So you can hear yourself talk etc)

The Asus Xonar DG is PCI, and Amazon is selling the DG with a $10 mail in rebate.
It's headphone amplifier will drive headphones up to 150-Ohms.
And as it's so cheap, leaves more cash for headphones.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #7 of 7
I have a pair of se-a1000's used with an Astro Mix-amp Pro since November 2013. They replaced a set of Trittons. Far better sound quality, sound stage, positional cues etc. So far a very good set of open cans for FPS gaming. Highly recommend especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back