Deciding between Fiio E10 or E07K for Philips Fidelio X1
Nov 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KarlAgathon

100+ Head-Fier
So I've had my Fidelio X1s for a few weeks now and am enjoying them. Would like to give them a little more oomph and better D/A sound quality. I would be using either model primarily with my computer (which has a very old sound card) For those familiar with the two models, Would it be worth it to dish out the extra $$ to get the E07K? Or would the E10 be sufficient enough D/A wise? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #2 of 7
Karl - check out this thread re amping for the X1 (if you're aware of it apologies): http://www.head-fi.org/t/689313/dac-amp-for-fidelio-x1-ratings-and-recommendations-compilation-thread

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 7
  Karl - check out this thread re amping for the X1 (if you're aware of it apologies): http://www.head-fi.org/t/689313/dac-amp-for-fidelio-x1-ratings-and-recommendations-compilation-thread

Hi and thanks. I've actually checked out that thread a couple of times. I only made this new thread because there doesn't seem to be a ton of specifics about the two particular models I mentioned and how they would go with the X1. Used google and still not even sure what kind of DAC the E10 uses for example. Will definitely keep an eye out on that one though.

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 7
The E17 is better on paper and a solid choice - very popular here on Head-FI. I tried a quick search for the output impedance of the E10 but couldn't find anything - the E17 has a very low measurement.

Hopefully somebody can post up here having used both headphone and amp(s).

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 7
I certainly hope a few others decide to chime in. None the less, I appreciate your input @SaLX. Thanks again 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 7
  I'm glad you made this thread, I have the same question!

I ended up going the E07K. So far, I really like it for the most part. The only con there would be (for me at least) is sometimes I have to turn up the gain setting more then I thought I would to crank out sufficient volume (for my tastes) Since I only needed something for use with my computer and GS3 from time to time, it wasn't worth spending the extra $$$ on the E17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back