Decibels, distortion, amplifiers and golden ears
Jul 31, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #166 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempestX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, I have read every post in this thread, and I have been reading here for a very long time before I ever joined. To be honest, the OP brings valid points and has constantly had rude remarks thrown at him. Yes his posting style and ideas are different than most, that is what makes us unique. Others opinions are valid as well within this thread.

However, I have not seen him personally or directly say nasty things about people (such as pompous arse or the like). I am more shocked that even the Moderator (yes I said it) has only looked at the OP and has not responded or said anything to the ones dishing out the personal attacks discribed above.

This is just my opinion just as others have their opinion. I do not think this thread should be locked, as there is a lot of insightful information contained within. If by my opinion I get banned for not personally attacking a single person in this thread, then so be it. "Let it be written, Let it be done" These are just my observations.
plainface.gif

OK, I'm going to inch out from my neutral corner.

Tempest X, I agree w/you about the uncalled-for nature of the personal attacks, and I agree that if I were a mod I'd give these posters a bit of a public spankin'.

THAT SAID, the OP is, and as much as admits he is, a provocateur. He knows how to use phrasing to get X response. Yes, personal insults are uncalled for and reflect poorly on the posters, but even though these insults *shouldn't* be the response, TVR knows he will get them. He's Perlman playing the hot-heads like a Strad, and then portraying himself as the victim. "I tried to talk sense to the kids, but they were just spoiling for a fight."

No offense, TVR. I tend to have a soft spot for the contrarian. But I'm also a resident of Seattle, the Passive-Agressive Capitol, and I know the behavior when I see it. And it's a shame, because couched differently, I think your (ostensible?) subject would make for an interesting debate and read, and a lot of times I'm interested in your posted experience and views.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #167 of 790
b0dhi agree for the most part.

TheVinylRipper For the most part you have to understand that not everyone is trying to insult you. Some have yes directly, but some comments are just that, comments and opinions. Heck everyone is never going to agree. We are all unique.

Let's get back to the subject that disproves distortion, amps, and what I call preferences.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #168 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by Torula Yeast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I'm going to inch out from my neutral corner.

Tempest X, I agree w/you about the uncalled-for nature of the personal attacks, and I agree that if I were a mod I'd give these posters a bit of a public spankin'.

THAT SAID, the OP is, and as much as admits he is, a provocateur. He knows how to use phrasing to get X response. Yes, personal insults are uncalled for and reflect poorly on the posters, but even though these insults *shouldn't* be the response, TVR knows he will get them. He's Perlman playing the hot-heads like a Strad, and then portraying himself as the victim. "I tried to talk sense to the kids, but they were just spoiling for a fight."

No offense, TVR. I tend to have a soft spot for the contrarian. But I'm also a resident of Seattle, the Passive-Agressive Capitol, and I know the behavior when I see it. And it's a shame, because couched differently, I think your (ostensible?) subject would make for an interesting debate and read, and a lot of times I'm interested in your posted experience and views.

I agree 100%. And, while I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, he got the better of me as well. No need to do it for me, Mods, I think I'll go give my self a spanking...
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #170 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that the original post was a valid point. It was flamebait, but it was valid. Whether he has or hasn't made direct personal attacks is debatable, but what I think most people here have a problem with is that he's stating his opinion then - intentionally or not - misunderstanding, ignoring, misrepresenting and generally being disrespectful towards the calm, tactful responses of many people. Not all the responses have been polite, but almost all of them start off being polite until the Troll does his magic. Calling someone a name isn't the only way to piss someone off, and this Troll has perfected that art it seems.

Quotes please;

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #171 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No need to do it for me, Mods, I think I'll go give my self a spanking...
tongue.gif

That just sounds . . . er, awfully off-topic.
blink.gif

tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #172 of 790
I think it is telling that those who see me as being rude are mostly those who disagree with me.

Note that I was asked to succinctly restate my argument and when I did it was completely ignored by the asker, only to engage in yet another personal attack.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #173 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVinylRipper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quotes please;

No quotes for you. Some like distortion, some don't, some spend more money, some don't or can't. With all of the knowledge you have, let's talk about how we can agree to disagree, and where a compromising middle ground is. This gets us back to everyone is different, some wanting more accurate for less, accurate for more, flavor of sound for less, and flavor of sound for more (money that is).
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #174 of 790
You know TVR, if you really "wanted" this discussion to be about audio distortion in amps, speakers, phones or whatever, you should just ignore all other comments. Simple as that, don't feed the fire...

Ply

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #176 of 790
To anyone reading this thread, may I suggest this book:

PASSIVE-AGGRESSION by Martin Kantor
Praeger, 2002

It'll knock you over, it's so appropriate...............not just here, but elsewhere on the internet.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #177 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempestX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No quotes for you.

You made an accusation.

Then when asked to back up the accusation, you refuse.

Essentially because your accusation was false and you know it.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #178 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know TVR, if you really "wanted" this discussion to be about audio distortion in amps, speakers, phones or whatever, you should just ignore all other comments. Simple as that, don't feed the fire...

Ply

Does not that advise go for other's also?

Or should I be held to a higher standard than everyone else?

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #179 of 790
Jul 31, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #180 of 790
now did anyone read my posting... or do any of you understand what histronic means? (thevinylripper said in some posting about being histronic)

you brainiacs just give him what he "seeks" without even knowing it by usually with implying hes stupid/idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back