Decibels, distortion, amplifiers and golden ears
Aug 11, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #781 of 790
True or false:

Sound waves are alternate rarefactions and compressions of the atmosphere traveling through the atmosphere at the speed of sound for the particular conditions at that point.

Sound waves in the atmosphere travel into and through the ground as easily and as far as they do in the atmosphere.

All headphones are closed and completely seal the wearer's ears from the outside atmosphere.

One's ears can hear sound in the absence of sound waves.

The sound at a concert, from the point of view of the audience, radiates in a pattern that is closer to spherical than hemispherical.

Simple questions which have simple answers.

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #782 of 790
The lurkers are watching my simple questions go unanswered while you continue to babble about my personality.

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #783 of 790
I'm considering closing this thread, since it seems to have run its course. If any of you want to get in a last post, this is the last call.

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #784 of 790
In before the lock: still don't get your sequence
tongue.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #785 of 790
What was your point anyway, really V.R. ? That all amps,"of the same price point" sound the same??? I believe I did read that qualifier in one of your post.

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #786 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering closing this thread, since it seems to have run its course. If any of you want to get in a last post, this is the last call.

LOL,

But no one has answered my questions yet.

Aren't you interested in the answers?

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #787 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What was your point anyway, really V.R. ? That all amps,"of the same price point" sound the same??? I believe I did read that qualifier in one of your post.

Price point != specifications

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #788 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In before the lock: still don't get your sequence
tongue.gif

PM me.

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #789 of 790
You never did address my question as to why opamps, two of which while of the same specs sound differently. Isn't there more going on than that which can be measured???

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #790 of 790
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You never did address my question as to why opamps, two of which while of the same specs sound differently. Isn't there more going on than that which can be measured???

I think it may be more of an issue that we haven't learned what or how to measure that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back